BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by silashand View Post
    Besides, am I the only one who hates their new codex layout? No more convenient army list in the back of the book is stupid IMO. Now I have to flip through multiple pages while trying to build an army and figure out what goes where. Maybe some folks like it, but I think it's absolutely horrible. Now just more wasted space to show mediocre photos of their miniatures. Frankly I preferred the artwork from previous editions.
    I'm not a fan of the new layout. It seems a big step backward from the previous ones.

Am I the only the only considering fielding the Basic Land Raider just for the long range Anti-Tank that it brings?

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by silashand View Post
    Indeed. Though I think 7th overall is fine, the psychic phase is very poorly done and as you say people are getting tired of having toys they've been using taken away because GW is playing the petulant child due to the Chapterhouse loss. I haven't seen any new players since 7th dropped, but I don't know if that's the reason. Most of the folks who I know considered it before just didn't want to pay their prices anymore. I'm sure that's still a factor, but who knows going forward. I have not liked any of the 7th edition books really. Most of them are just bland. GW seems to want people to pay more money for supplemental codices and dataslates to get them some semblance of variety, but at twice the cost just to get what should have been in the base codex anyway? Color me unimpressed.
    Same.

Besides, am I the only one who hates their new codex layout? No more convenient army list in the back of the book is stupid IMO. Now I have to flip through multiple pages while trying to build an army and figure out what goes where. Maybe some folks like it, but I think it's absolutely horrible. Now just more wasted space to show mediocre photos of their miniatures. Frankly I preferred the artwork from previous editions.
    Oh, hate it a lot. I like the simple design of the past where everything was listed out simply under each header. Also when it was in the middle of the book and not the back so the thing would lay flat when you were writting up lists!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrum_Sanguinis View Post
    Am I the only the only considering fielding the Basic Land Raider just for the long range Anti-Tank that it brings?
    Oh, totally taking one as a Troops Trasport, OS metal barn!

Chapter-Master

Bring back the Way of the Water Warrior.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Bring back the Way of the Water Warrior.
    I always loved how dedicated the Daemonhunters were with that concept
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

We work with the tools we're given.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I keep trying to find a justification to give a unit, any unit, Nemesis Falchions because I love the look but I just can't do it. An extra attack is just not worth 4 pts especially when the +1S Halberd is only 2, to say nothing of how Hammerhand now makes taking even just the swords viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrum_Sanguinis View Post
    I keep trying to find a justification to give a unit, any unit, Nemesis Falchions because I love the look but I just can't do it. An extra attack is just not worth 4 pts especially when the +1S Halberd is only 2, to say nothing of how Hammerhand now makes taking even just the swords viable.
    That way it is super situational. Thing is, Halberd affects no way any instant death threshold that GK can achieve.(hammerhand + halberd arent enough to ID toughness 4 unit and with hammerhand alone you can ID toughness 3).

Since GK seems to have to eliminate its enemies now in close combat, even more than in previous incarnation of the codex. I'd go for extra attacks, because of the possibility of getting +2Str and re-rolls to hit anyway (hammerhand and that divination power)

Just to rub salt into the wound, the assassins they stripped out have become really awesome now apparently. You just need to pay more (real world cash) to use them. I'd expect something similar when they bring our the =I= elements in a separate book. Yay...

Chapter-Master

Falchions are much better than Halberds, but cc upgrades really aren't worth it at all for the most part., except to throw a few hammers in here and there.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast