BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Very interesting, I was thinking of starting up a small Grey Knight force to ally with my Astra Militarum and this couldn't come at a better time honestly. This is what I can glean from the pictures/leaks elsewhere;

1) There are at least 5 Relics. The "Bone Shard of Solor", the "Fury of Deimos", the "Cuirass of Sacrifice", the "Soul Glaive" and the "Domina Liber Daemonica".
    2) Dreadnoughts have been brought in line with the 6th/7th Edition Space Marine books where the Venerable Dreadnought is an upgrade in the regular Dreadnought entry. This makes the "leak" seem legitimate.
    3) You can barely glimpse that the Nemesis Dreadknight is still 130 points by looking at the bottom right of the third picture - assuming no other units were taken - but it is safe to presume that the upgrade costs have been changed. Personal Teleporters, for example, should realistically cost 20-30 points if that given that upgrading a monstrous creature to a flying monstrous creature usually costs 40 points.

It is apparent the Inquisitorial options, i.e. Assassins and the usual stuff have been removed, sadly. No new units is a bummer but given the entire army can be made from three dedicated kits and supporting kits from other armies that probably isn't a surprise. If there is a Digital Edition then that rules out the codex being a White Dwarf exclusive, though whether it is a Digital Exclusive like the Adepta Sororitas remains to be seen - hopefully not as I don't carry my iPad with me to a hobby store!
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Interesting to notice that the Nemesis Dreadknight didnt have any close combat upgrades.

Also, nemesis Dreadknight "may take up to two shooting weapons".. it shows no restrictions of not being able to take dublicates.

I understand about taking Mordrak out, sucks because you can build him and his ghost knights out of the terminator box. oh well GW does what it does.

Veteran-Sergeant

Seeing as they're cutting out Inquisition units, it'd be nice to have a physical release of the Inquisition mini dex. Not all of us want to buy tablets or cart them around town. Also, it'd give me the perfect excuse to run a fluffy Dark Angels list with attached Inquisitor and retinue, investigating the actions and doctrines of the Unforgiven.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Tomgar View Post
    Seeing as they're cutting out Inquisition units, it'd be nice to have a physical release of the Inquisition mini dex. Not all of us want to buy tablets or cart them around town. Also, it'd give me the perfect excuse to run a fluffy Dark Angels list with attached Inquisitor and retinue, investigating the actions and doctrines of the Unforgiven.
    This will also annoy anyone that built their Crusader models with Power Axes, since Power Swords are the only option for them in the Inquisition codex.

Veteran-Sergeant

That would certainly suck. The Inquisition dex was so low-key I still sometimes play against people who don't know it exists (mostly because they don't really use digital releases) so a physical release would be cool and they cold put the power axe option in!

Also, Faeit has some fairly juicy rumours about GKs up. Apparently they're getting 2 new kits (I assume after the dex) and Assassins seem to be getting the dataslate/minidex treatment so all Imperial armies can take one (Vindicare for me!). Also, it seems a lot of HQs are being cut but can be recreated with relics. Here's the link: [url]http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/grey-knights-new-info-emerges-along.html[/url]

I just thought it was a Grey Knight novel being released on Black Library only was being released next week. I guess the GK codex may come out in 2 or 3 weeks then?

Then again, GW is notorious for very bad copy/paste. Hell look at their FAQ's. Didn't the DA FAQ at one time had it listed as Daemons at one time?
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Fly Lord

One of Gary's [URL="http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Faeit212/~3/k2bCPIsJkNE/grey-knights-new-info-emerges-along.html"]birds[/URL] said: 8-10-2014

So... They're out there now, people know they're coming so I can talk about them.

It's true that the Inquisition and assassins were cut. Assassins are getting their own update (similar to 4E) which will let them end up in any Imperial Army without necessarily taking an Inquisitor and have some cool narrative missions/kill team missions.

But we're not here to talk about Assassins.

Grey Knights are definitely getting "stripped" of a lot of the bloat they had before, not necessarily the stuff they had.

What I mean by that is this codex is C:Grey Knights, and NOT Ordo Malleus.

The focus is on the marines and only the marines. If you want to recreate existing armies, its not difficult you just use the inquisitor codex alongside it.

The special characters as rumored at gone, BUT the relics section lets you effectively portray them (functionally) on the table. This lets people convert to their heart's content without conflict as to what is/is not the right way to represent one character or another.

Unlike space wolves and Orks there is no follow up supplement for Grey Knights. It's all in the book already.

Draigo makes paladins troops, but they have to be 4 or more models or else remain elites.

Things got a little bit cheaper to bring them in line with the new base marine costs.

Librarians still require terminator armor.

Land raiders are dedicated transports for strike squads as well.

Deep striking via teleport got more precise.

Grand strategies are warlord traits.

There are 2 new kits only one of which is a vehicle

Have some very unique rules for when playing against daemons primary. /Both/ armies get buffs (fluff wise because GKs only show up when the situation is super dire)

So to reiterate: book is about the grey knights and nothing else cluttering it.

If you want the old book, just grab codex: inquisition to go with it.

It's not GWs fault that TOs are limiting people to two sources. The design process was that the book was too bloated with choices that had nothing to do with grey knights, thus didn't need to be there.

Does it mean less options? Sort of, if you only have one book, but in return you get a more balanced army that isn't being weighed against the strength of inquisitorial henchmen when considering the potency of "GK troops," allowing for a much stronger book if you wanted to play just knights.

Crowe doesn't make purifiers troops in the traditional way, but he has a formation that's him with 2-6 units of purifiers in transports.

In this formation he gets a bodyguard of the new unit that are based roughly on his "story" per se and is the only way to give him a retinue as he is not normally an independent character.

More will hit the internet soon I'm sure but that's all I can say for now
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Alpha Legion Operative

Quote Originally Posted by This Dave View Post
    This will also annoy anyone that built their Crusader models with Power Axes, since Power Swords are the only option for them in the Inquisition codex.
    Honestly, I think the availability of Power Axes at all was likely an oversight. If you look back again to the "what they have models for", there's only power swords.

Chapter-Master

Would be pretty weird for a codex to not get any new kits whatsoever, so I think I'll believe the "two new kits" rumour.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast