Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Demonus View Post
    Oblits- 2+ save
    Spawn- Wounded on 6s
    DP- Legit but wounded on 5s
    Riptides- 2+ save PLUS FnP PLUS Wounded on 6s
    Broadsides- 2+ save

Coupled with 24" range. Not terribly scared.
    Its 6 or 12 shots for the heavy. One is going to get through. Ye of little faith.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Demonus View Post
    Oblits- 2+ save
    Spawn- Wounded on 6s
    DP- Legit but wounded on 5s
    Riptides- 2+ save PLUS FnP PLUS Wounded on 6s
    Broadsides- 2+ save

Coupled with 24" range. Not terribly scared.
    If I had a dollar for every 2+ beast I've killed with mass S4 fire I could buy a lot of models! Force makes it easier!

Chapter-Master

Just because you can theoretically do something doesn't mean it's the best way. And there's a significant opportunity cost involved. I can see psilencers on the Dreadknight, but otherwise I don't think you'll ever see them in a competitive list. And I prefer the incinerator psycannon DK myself.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Guys. There is a hypothetical place where all your questions are answers with speculative potential imagery.

[url]http://eltallerdeyila.blogspot.com.es/2014/08/codex-de-los-caballeros-grises.html?m=1[/url]

In general, it looks like every single unit in the army is worse, or different in a lateral direction.

Am I the only one that feels that way? It's confusing, because they aren't trying to sell new models...

After initial shock has toned down a fraction, there are some positive things to be found in the pages of our new dex:

- Crowe & Brotherhood Champion got unarguably better. Crowe is IC,AP2, potentially up to strenght 10..
    - Nemesis dreadknight got significantly better, cheaper, being able itself get 4++ save, heavy psycannon is a lot better now because its cheaper and has a fire mode that can be used to chew multiple hullpoints at a turn as well as shoot flyers.
    - draigo is a monster like no other,
    - librarians are no-brainer hq option now (as well as the cheapest possible in the codex)
    -

What pisses me a lot though, is that the falchions are now just so superbly better and as such i am facing an army wide reconstruction of models with halberds to models with falchions..

Chapter-Master

BCs are still overpriced, Crowe is decent but nothing too crazy. They're either stuck at 1A, or at str 4, neither of which is particularly good and they're fragile for their points. Crowe at least is decent in challenges and has Cleansing flame, but the BC is only a crappy combat character who really only gained a second wound while losing a bunch of little things and getting a huge points hike.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

BCs are overpriced, agreed. They do however get a hammerhand (that is truly unreliable now with so many psykers around..) thus potentially hitting at strenght 6...

They are and have always been combat characters. I am trying to find those little victories here of the codex. One is that you no longer have attacks solely based on b2b or independent characters on duels..

That said, i think outside of duel crowe is one of the worst combat characters in any of the power armor using 'dexes.. (and what comes to relics - i've yet to see such a stupid relic as blade of antwyr. str user, ap - melee.. wtf?

He does give 2 warp charges to the pool as well as fearless + cleansing flame to the unit.. and if enemy happens to have a character there, then crowe is surely helping (but with a 175 price tag you are right, not that good of an investment)

And only reliable can openers we have now are stormravens.. yay, looking forward of spamming those *not*

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    After initial shock has toned down a fraction, there are some positive things to be found in the pages of our new dex:

- Crowe & Brotherhood Champion got unarguably better. Crowe is IC,AP2, potentially up to strenght 10..
    - Nemesis dreadknight got significantly better, cheaper, being able itself get 4++ save, heavy psycannon is a lot better now because its cheaper and has a fire mode that can be used to chew multiple hullpoints at a turn as well as shoot flyers.
    - draigo is a monster like no other,
    - librarians are no-brainer hq option now (as well as the cheapest possible in the codex)
    -

What pisses me a lot though, is that the falchions are now just so superbly better and as such i am facing an army wide reconstruction of models with halberds to models with falchions..
    Might wanna take a closer look.

NDK are only 5++ unless I'm missing something.

Draigo got hit with the nerf bat hard, loosing a point off every stat before W. Fair enough he gain AP2 and +3S, but as he is now, he is hardly unparalleled in CC.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by plawolf View Post
    Might wanna take a closer look.

NDK are only 5++ unless I'm missing something.

Draigo got hit with the nerf bat hard, loosing a point off every stat before W. Fair enough he gain AP2 and +3S, but as he is now, he is hardly unparalleled in CC.
    I think he was referring to the fact that the NDK has the psychic power to boost invuls by +1... so no 4++ guarantee, just a possibility.

Personally I will really miss Mordrak. I enjoyed the 1st turn DS.

Veteran-Sergeant

I don't think anyone has pointed out that we can now take OS land raiders. I always liked land raiders and this just makes them more annoying then ever!

The other thing I was looking at was that nemesis strike force. How do you thing the viability is of an all infantry, all deep striking army? 2x Incinerators on PAGKs could actually do some damage to light tanks that just happen to be hit when firing at the troops near by. Termies are cheap so they'll have the psycannons and looks like the librarian can take a combi melta. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Halollet; 08-20-2014 at 07:21 PM. Reason: auto correct stinks

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast