BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

I added up the army list in WD based on the current dex and it came to 1660 from the 1666 list they had.

My points didnt include the relic (which wasnt mentioned in the report so no idea what it does) or the teleport homers on the strikes as they arent options currently. What it looks like though is that prices are not changing massively.

I did notice Razorbacks are a bit more points than the old Razorback with Psybolts. Wonder if that indicates anything.

Psybolts didn't get mentioned once in the battle report, I'm also curious as to what has happened to psycannons with reference to the Dread Knight's long range fire power...

Could psycannons be returning to 36" range?

As for the new detachment/ formation 3+ arrive from reserve first turn with run & shoot or shoot and run, they even explicitly state that this can be buffed by an AM officer of the fleet to 2+.....

With the addition of an Inquisitor using servo skulls this could be crazy pressure, imagine two Dreadknights dropping in with torrent incinerators and psycannons.....or nova spamming purifiers.....that's better than drop pods as your entire army (bar the allied AM) could arrive precisely and deny your opponent an entire turn effectively if going second....
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Shadow View Post
    Psybolts didn't get mentioned once in the battle report, I'm also curious as to what has happened to psycannons with reference to the Dread Knight's long range fire power...

Could psycannons be returning to 36" range?

As for the new detachment/ formation 3+ arrive from reserve first turn with run & shoot or shoot and run, they even explicitly state that this can be buffed by an AM officer of the fleet to 2+.....

With the addition of an Inquisitor using servo skulls this could be crazy pressure, imagine two Dreadknights dropping in with torrent incinerators and psycannons.....or nova spamming purifiers.....that's better than drop pods as your entire army (bar the allied AM) could arrive precisely and deny your opponent an entire turn effectively if going second....
    That's what I thought about that formation. A whole army deep striking in would be amazingly fun! Deploy nothing and let your opponent go first, he wastes a whole turn, and then you deep strike in and control the whole board. So much for GKs stinking at Maelstrom missions!

I downloaded the previews for the GK and Assassin codexes from the Black Library. The entry for the Culexus Assassins is interesting. I'm wondering if they're going to be able to do half the things described. I doubt it, but having really good assassins would be a good selling point. Cause if the assassins are as is, it won't sell.

If the fluff is right, Culesus' should be able to nullify any psychic power in range and make opponents run away just by being close. I sure hope so, I always like this assassin, but it has always sucked.

Am I right in thinking that what we're seeing with the GK codex is the most flagrant money grab GW has ever done? Taking a codex, gutting out half the rules, gutting out characters who lack a model, and leaving existing GK players with the option to buy the GK codex, the Inquisition codex when it comes out, and the assassin dataslate?

That they're replacing the old £20 codex with a collection of three books totalling £70, only with less options overall, because no miniature = no rules?

And I'm supposed to get excited about this?! The chance to replace my existing codex with one which is basically going to be a cut-paste job with less stuff for over three times the price?!

That's absolutely f***ing despicable behaviour. Absolutely f***ing despicable.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Chapter-Master

But, hey, the new cover art is awesome.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Lol. Well, that totally justifies it, then. Including the fact that 90% of the interior art will be EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE PREVIOUS EDITION.

You know what this new codex is?

Only it's the same old hat, and the hat and shoes don't even come in the box any more - you have to buy them both separately now - and all for over three times the original price.

Despicable. Abjectly despicable.
    Last edited by YorkNecromancer; 08-16-2014 at 02:52 PM.

Chapter-Master

And the new art is in the White Dwarf.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

And the new art is in the White Dwarf.

Chapter-Master

Yeah...

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast