BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Default Star Wars: Armada!!

Presenting X-Wing's Big Brother, a game which allows you to field whole fleets of capital ships in battle against one another in the Star Wars universe.

You can read the announcement from Fantasy Flight Games here:

[URL="http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4979"]Star Wars: Armada[/URL]
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

First-Captain

well now that looks exciting as all hell - curious how long it will take people to come up with a way to combine this with X-Wing for some real epicness...
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

To borrow a well-used line from Dork Tower's Igor:

IT MUST BE MINE! *waves cash*

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. Wow, is that a Victory-class Star Destroyer?

Veteran-Sergeant

Wow this looks awesome, makes sense too, switching to a different system. If they kept it in X-wing rules you would need a bunch of hundred dollar huge ships and a ton of room, nice!!

I am so all about this. Highly accurate, correctly scaled, pre-painted to a high standard SW capital ships with an excellent FFG ruleset? Oh yes. I am going to go completely mad when they release an ISD. Buy a dozen. SSD! Oh god *flails*

Houghton, yup a Victory class on account of the winglets.

I wonder if there will be a way to link Armada and X-Wing? Like you could use X-Wing to stage the evacuation of the Rebel base on Hoth with the transporters legging it and then switch to Armada to represent a larger space battle going on above the planet (yes I know there wasn't much of a space battle above Hoth, I'm just using it as an example).
    Last edited by eldargal; 08-09-2014 at 02:03 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Sergeant

If its as good as X-Wing they are going to have some supply problems.

Personally I think this will be even more engaging than starfigher combat, just need to rustle up a scale model of a partially built death star...

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I am so all about this. Highly accurate, correctly scaled, pre-painted to a high standard SW capital ships with an excellent FFG ruleset? Oh yes. I am going to go completely mad when they release an ISD. Buy a dozen. SSD! Oh god *flails*
    ISD certainly - they'd be stupid not to make the single most iconic warship of Star Wars. But even at that scale, a SSD would be ridonculously huge - they're something like fifteen times the size of a Vic... a good stand in "Super Heavy" might be a Praetor...

Houghton, yup a Victory class on account of the winglets.
    and also on account of a balanced starter set - ISD vs. Nebulon and Corvette would be kind of a no contest...

I wonder if there will be a way to link Armada and X-Wing? Like you could use X-Wing to stage the evacuation of the Rebel base on Hoth with the transporters legging it and then switch to Armada to represent a larger space battle going on above the planet (yes I know there wasn't much of a space battle above Hoth, I'm just using it as an example).
    or, if you've got a LOT of time and players, you could also try to play out dogfights within an Armada battle via X-Wing, trying to keep turns simultaneous - and the various Fighter commanders constantly bugging Fleet Command about reinforcements, who vice versa would demand better cover from their pilots... how epic would that be!
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Must have this.

Back of the queue bungholes! I may not have seen it first, but I'm going to act like I did!

Interestingly, the fight squadrons? Come unpainted....
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 08-09-2014 at 05:27 AM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

yeah that's a bit odd... maybe just too small to get them to look decently with machine painting? also, they've got almost half a year till release (if early 2015 holds up), so maybe that'll change by then...

I'm guessing the 'too wee' version.

Not to worry. Easy enough to slap a bit colour on them!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast