BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrendian View Post
    ISD certainly - they'd be stupid not to make the single most iconic warship of Star Wars. But even at that scale, a SSD would be ridonculously huge - they're something like fifteen times the size of a Vic... a good stand in "Super Heavy" might be a Praetor...

and also on account of a balanced starter set - ISD vs. Nebulon and Corvette would be kind of a no contest...

or, if you've got a LOT of time and players, you could also try to play out dogfights within an Armada battle via X-Wing, trying to keep turns simultaneous - and the various Fighter commanders constantly bugging Fleet Command about reinforcements, who vice versa would demand better cover from their pilots... how epic would that be!
    Yup it is definitely a when not an if hehe. Fifteen times larger might not be that much bigger than the X-Wing Corvette so might be within the realm of possibility eventually.

Yup, it makes perfect sense. You still get the iconic wedge shape but it is small enough to fit into a starter set in terms of size and expense alongside Rebel scum ships.

One problem with that would be coordinating X-Wing moves with fighter token moves with Armada, but yes it would be epic.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

and also on account of a balanced starter set - ISD vs. Nebulon and Corvette would be kind of a no contest...
    Yeah I reckon the ISD will be released in a wave that include the MC-80 Mon Cal Cruiser so that the Rebel's have something that stands a chance against it!
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

First-Captain

something I don't like is the price - 100$ for the starter set is really steep, and the models don't seem to be that much bigger than XWing compared to the dice...
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

something I don't like is the price - 100$ for the starter set is really steep, and the models don't seem to be that much bigger than XWing compared to the dice...
    They look to be about the size of X wing large ships to me, which sounds about right; $30 each plus all of the manuals/tokens/templates you need to actually play.

Also is like to point out the ships are already not in scale with each other. A Nebulon should be double the length of a CR-90, and even a Victory class ISD would be triple that again, or six times the length of the CR-90. If they tried to keep it in scale things would get out of hand very quickly; an Imperial class at proper scale would be twelve times the length of the CR-90...

Librarian

A Little expensive, but for an Imperial player on X-Wing like me... is a wet dream come true!!

Victoria class ships, yes, yes!

Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin, there we gooooo
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Veteran-Sergeant

Yeah I reckon the ISD will be released in a wave that include the MC-80 Mon Cal Cruiser so that the Rebel's have something that stands a chance against it!
    I can totally see that along side regular Star Destroyers, though I'm still figuring out how FFG runs their ship (It still clenches up when I walk into a GW, so a company that has what looks like great product support is a mystery to me) It seems logical, your gonna want lots of Star Destroyers and at a higher price tag, your probably not going to want to buy doubles of the starter set. begs to answer; will fighters be like upgrade cards in X-wing and come with the ships that can use them? I imagine so, which would bring up the cost of add on ships. What do you recon they will cost?

Not that it matters in the end. Do you hear me Fantasy Flight?!! Release this quick!!
    Last edited by Brenlak; 08-10-2014 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Boyle View Post
    They look to be about the size of X wing large ships to me, which sounds about right; $30 each plus all of the manuals/tokens/templates you need to actually play.

Also is like to point out the ships are already not in scale with each other. A Nebulon should be double the length of a CR-90, and even a Victory class ISD would be triple that again, or six times the length of the CR-90. If they tried to keep it in scale things would get out of hand very quickly; an Imperial class at proper scale would be twelve times the length of the CR-90...
    Lol, too focused on the Victory SD to notice the Nebulon was too small. Pity really but so long as the SDs and larger ships are more in scale I don't care.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

ISD certainly - they'd be stupid not to make the single most iconic warship of Star Wars. But even at that scale, a SSD would be ridonculously huge - they're something like fifteen times the size of a Vic... a good stand in "Super Heavy" might be a Praetor...!

21 times bigger by my most recent calculations! =D

People on the FFG forums were suggesting a sliding scale might be implemented. That said, that might lead to an dramatically UP SSD if it's playable within a standard game...

Yup 900m vs 19000m. A sliding scale is fine so long as it looks right, I'd actually argue the Nebulon B still almost looks right but not quite despite being half the size it ought to be. Hoping that implies the focus will be on more consistent scale capital ships rather than frigate and such.
    An ISD is 1600m so less than twice the length off the Victory, totes achievable given the X-Wing size ships we've seen.

One of my favourite little Star Wars facts: The Imperial and Super class Star Destroyers were designed by a woman, Lira Wessex.
    Last edited by eldargal; 08-11-2014 at 03:16 AM.

Gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme or the kitten gets it.

Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast