BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Is it to early to ask/hope for Huge Ships in SW: Armada ?

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Eberk View Post
    Is it to early to ask/hope for Huge Ships in SW: Armada ?
    in this case, you could be called late... we've discussed that in this very thread, pages 2 and 3 mainly seeing as they're already pretty much throwing true scale out of the window with the starter set, in favour of a more practical (and better-looking in this case, if you ask me...) relative scaling, I'd say chances are good we'll get at least a Praetor-sized ship, but more probably the Executor herself
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Battle-Brother
    Northern Quebec, Mistissini (near Chibougamau)

if we want more models we need to buy this a the rate we buy x-wing. And hell, even that game has slow, dripping, releases imo. Like wtf, want my rebel aces, they out yet lol? But back to the point, I assume based on what I am hearing around the net and from gamescon we should be fine. Minimum someone is doing the basic designs on a computer atm since it must take 3-6 months from start to release per ship

Revealing some of the Armada mystery, Team Covenant playing a couple turns of a demo at GenCon. For some reason it keep starting at the 2:30 mark for me, just start it from the beginning I guess. I'm sold in any case.

EDIT: Now with the correct video instead of the [URL="http://www.shutupandsitdown.com/"]Shut Up and Sit Down[/URL] interview, but you all should check them out too because they're great.
    Last edited by Patrick Boyle; 08-18-2014 at 07:51 AM.

Brother-Captain

My local group got into X-wing pretty quick (one guy literally bought two of every ship, except for a few of the bigger ones), so we're all thrilled to see the capitol ship version of it coming out. After watching that demo from TC I'm confident that this game will do well. I'm just sad that I'll have to wait so long to get an ISD.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

It is curiously addictive.

I think I'm good for now, but I'm always open to purchases of opportunity! Don't feel a burning need to go S&V straight off the bat, but then their toys haven't been fully revealed!

Armada though? Hell yes to the power of TWEFLTYSEVEN!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by gredert View Post
    if we want more models we need to buy this a the rate we buy x-wing. And hell, even that game has slow, dripping, releases imo. Like wtf, want my rebel aces, they out yet lol? But back to the point, I assume based on what I am hearing around the net and from gamescon we should be fine. Minimum someone is doing the basic designs on a computer atm since it must take 3-6 months from start to release per ship
    FFG have trouble producing enough ships to meet demand so release schedule has slowed down apparently so they can ensure they can deliver shipments of each wave on time as well as dealing with backorders of older waves.

Did they give some idea of when the ISD would be available in the video? I can't watch it right now.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Did they give some idea of when the ISD would be available in the video? I can't watch it right now.
    Nope. Not a word. -_-
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    FFG have trouble producing enough ships to meet demand so release schedule has slowed down apparently so they can ensure they can deliver shipments of each wave on time as well as dealing with backorders of older waves.

It's just a straight gameplay demo. I think Mr. Mystery is speculating based on the fact we already know what Armada Wave 1 consists of.

Also, I just noticed I managed to paste the wrong video in my post above somehow. Fixing that...

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Boyle View Post
    It's just a straight gameplay demo. I think Mr. Mystery is speculating based on the fact we already know what Armada Wave 1 consists of.

Also, I just noticed I managed to paste the wrong video in my post above somehow. Fixing that...
    what you didn't notice is that the demo vid has already been posted in this thread... so maybe fix the fix?
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast