BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 1500 Space Wolves- Fluffy/Semi-Competitive

Here's a 1500 point SW list I've been working on. Suggestions welcome!

HQ: Ragnar 195

Troops: 9 Grey Hunters, 1 Wolf Guard ( CC Weapons,2x Melta Gun, Wolf Standard) 190
    Stormwolf 215
    9 Grey Hunters, 1 Wolf Guard ( CC Weapons,2x Melta Gun, Combi-Melta) 190
    Drop Pod 35
    9 Grey Hunters, 1 Wolf Guard ( CC Weapons,2x Melta Gun, Combi-Melta)
    Drop Pod 35
    9 Grey Hunters, 1 Wolf Guard (CC Weapons,2x Melta Gun, Combi-Melta)
    Drop Pod 35
    9 Grey Hunters, 1 Wolf Guard ( CC Weapons,2x Melta Gun, Combi-Melta)
    Drop Pod 35

Total: 1500

It should be pretty competitive in 7th with 10 objective secured units and a good mix of anti-infantry, anti-tank, and anti-air firepower. Even if it's not competitive, it's still fluffy and fun!

Nice list! I love Ragnar, he's fun to play with. But if you want your list to be a little more competitive on an easy change. Drop Ragnar and use a Wolf Priest for 110pts with the Wolfen Stone. And give three of your drop pods death wind missile launchers. your Wolf Priest will give your squad (Preffered Enemy, FNP 6+, Furious Charge, and himself Rage). And I say go with the Deathwind Missiles because they can fire the turn you deepstrike now (not everyone knows that yet). But S5 large blast for 15pts "OK". Works great with Orks! FYI make sure you deploy on the other side of your DP, away from ware your DP is shooting.

Veteran-Sergeant

I would dump the wolf guards and take power axes. They cant be targeted, and gives you a better chance in combat. Altough im am a fan of ragnar, a wolf lord with the black death is a killer!

Librarian

Take a sarge for the leadership if you want. That never hurts. Though he can take a power axe on a any non sgt model, which is a good idea I'll agree with.
    Last edited by Dalleron; 08-30-2014 at 12:49 PM.

i have been experimenting with wolf lord armor of russ 2 wolfclaws and a jump pack with 4 wg kitted out similiar.. hes nasty in cc.. -5 to enemies init i go first kill it and go from there...im trying to find if i can add claws of morkai to him and really make him untouchable.. lol

Banned

rle68, I don't t think you can add Claws of Morkai. IIRC the CoF Relics says you can only take them if you don't take any relics from the codex. i.e. no mixing and matching Relics. He sounds like a brutal Lord, except that he must be pretty unhinged to be using a jump pack. I don't trust him.
    Wargamer 30, have you thought about Long Fangs? Putting all your HW/Anti tank in one storm wolf shaped basket seems a little risky to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Manton View Post
    rle68, I don't t think you can add Claws of Morkai. IIRC the CoF Relics says you can only take them if you don't take any relics from the codex. i.e. no mixing and matching Relics. He sounds like a brutal Lord, except that he must be pretty unhinged to be using a jump pack. I don't trust him.
    Wargamer 30, have you thought about Long Fangs? Putting all your HW/Anti tank in one storm wolf shaped basket seems a little risky to me.
    you are probably right .. it would be nasty to have both tho...yeah id say hes nuts...no one goes into combat without guns