BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 1000 Point Orks-My first Ork list

I just bought the Ork codex. Since I'm new to Orks I could really use some help making a 1000 point list. Here's what I have in mind so far, suggestions welcome!

HQ: Warboss (Da Finkin' Kap, Power Klaw, Warbike) 120
    Painboy (Warbike) 75

Troops: 30 Slugga Boyz, Nob w/ Power Klaw and Bosspole 220
    30 Slugga Boyz, Nob w/ Power Klaw and Bosspole 220

Fast Attack: 14 Warbikers, 1 Nob w/ Power Klaw and Bosspole 310

Heavy Support: 3 Mek Gunz 54

Total: 999

The ork codex has delivered Painboyz, and as you've included in your bike squad. Honestly why limit yourself to CAD? I would add another painboy to one of your 30 man squads, The feel no pain along with cover is definitely the highlight of the new codex.

What Mek Gunz do you run? Kannons?

For possible expansion try getting a hold of Deftkoptas w/Twin-linked rokkits. The changes to jinx and lowered point cost (45-> 30) have made these fantastic. I would run 2 squads of 2 minimum.

@ Hunter245

About 2 hrs ago I would have agreed with you on Deffkoptas, they were some of my favorites in 6th even at 45 pts - I still love them but Ive recently had a change of heart after doing some basic Mathhammer.

My sums are that 90 points buys you 5 Warbikers or 3 Deffkoptas.

So on the Deffkoptas:
    - you get Scout
    - your shooting is 36" range (if were looking at TL Big Shoota variant)
    - you 'could' end up taking less dangerous terrain tests
    - you have +1 extra wound (6 vs 5)

For Warbikers:
    - at 18" range your unit puts out 66% more firepower with 15 (TL S5 AP5) shots instead of 9 just (TL S5 AP5), a significant boost of general shooting, glancing/rear armoring flyers and vehicles pre charge, and also on overwatch defense
    - on the occasion you turbo boost you get +1 to cover
    - with greater numbers you are less likely to suffer (NASTY!) LD 7 checks from shooting and losing 25% casualties
    - you are more at risk of losing the extra wounds through anything that hits at s10 or can instagib
    - 66% more attacks at base (10 vs 6) and on the charge (15 vs 9)

Warbikers (18pts) are the way to go for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jenkatron View Post
    @ Hunter245

About 2 hrs ago I would have agreed with you on Deffkoptas, they were some of my favorites in 6th even at 45 pts - I still love them but Ive recently had a change of heart after doing some basic Mathhammer.

So on the Deffkoptas:
    - you get Scout

For Warbikers:
    - at 18" range your unit puts out 66% more firepower with 15 (TL S5 AP5) shots instead of 9 just (TL S5 AP5), a significant boost of general shooting, glancing/rear armoring flyers and vehicles pre charge, and also on overwatch defense
    - with greater numbers you are less likely to suffer (NASTY!) LD 7 checks from shooting and losing 25% casualties
    - you are more at risk of losing the extra wounds through anything that hits at s10 or can instagib

I like the twin linked rokkitt laucha on the deffkopta to add a threat to lite vehicles ... I agree if you are taking big shootas the warbikes are better.

Quote Originally Posted by jenkatron View Post
    @ Hunter245

So on the Deffkoptas:
    - you get Scout

For Warbikers:

After a weekend of gaming, my Warbikers destroyed 3 wave serpents compared to my deftkoptas which did nothing. Reserve Deftkoptas for lower point games. I will be taking a warbiker squad in my deftkoptas steed! You are right sir.