BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by Tomgar View Post
    "Tide of Faith" - Black Templars

3 20-man Squads of Crusaders, all outfitted for close combat and led by a Sword Brother who may take upgrades. One squad is led by a Chaplain.

Every unit in the formation has the Zealot Special Rule. Additionally, once per game, every unit in this formation may run and assault in the same phase.

This is basically how I imagine Templars should work; just a massive horde of fanatical superhumans with chainswords who hack xenos and traitor alike into bloody chunks.

Oh, and one other:

"Sword Brethren Crusade Force" - Black Templars

• 2 Squads of Terminators
    • 2 Squads of Assault Terminators

The 2 shooty Terminator squads may take two heavy weapons per squad.
    The Assault Terminator Squads have the Hammer of Wrath Special Rule.

Purely want this as a nod to the old dex
    Yes please. This is exactly the type of thing I'd like to see released for Black Templars, haha.

Chaplain

Legion of the Damned dropping out of Drop Pods. I'm a drop pod junkie......nuff said.

OK maybe some Death Company mixed in.......

Question

Anyone taking the time to play test their Formations?

Brother-Captain

Some sort of Hellhound formation for AM would be nice. Perhaps with a special rule that allows you to combine the fire from all the tanks in a squadron into a single Hellstorm template.
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

Jeez, where do I start?

I'd like a tanith formation for guard, something allowing for shrouded cover saves in terrain for all infantry units, at the cost of only being able to carry certain heavy crew served weapons (basically limit them to rocket launchers, sniper rifles and heavy flamers). I suppose it would be made up of gaunt, (lord commissar with special wargear) a command squad (rawne and company) and six units of veterans, camo cloaks each with veteran sergeants.

I would hope for special deployment either via outflank or via infiltrate/scout, but with the ability to get within 6 of the enemy unseen, and 12 within LOS, and the player with the formation can determine if there is nightfighting.

Another I would think cool would be some cultist formations, like maybe antitank styled cultists with meltabombs and perhaps up to three demo charges per unit of 30, but when they try to throw it, roll a D6 and on a 1 it goes off prematurely, causing D6 dead cultists?

My last one would be a space wolf wolf scout formation that messes with enemy reserves, allows for objective denial and requires 3-5 units of 5 scouts, letting them ambush and twin link their first shots.

March of the Ancients:
    0-1 Contemptor Dreadnought
    3 Venerable Dreadnoughts
    3+ Dreadnoughts

All Dreadnoughts in the formation gain It Will Not Die and Preferred Enemy (everything).
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    March of the Ancients:
    0-1 Contemptor Dreadnought
    3 Venerable Dreadnoughts
    3+ Dreadnoughts

All Dreadnoughts in the formation gain It Will Not Die and Preferred Enemy (everything).
    That's really awesome. The rules are simple, elegant, and characterful. I'm going to recommend this formation to my local gaming group.
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Tomgar View Post
    "Tide of Faith" - Black Templars

3 20-man Squads of Crusaders, all outfitted for close combat and led by a Sword Brother who may take upgrades. One squad is led by a Chaplain.

Every unit in the formation has the Zealot Special Rule. Additionally, once per game, every unit in this formation may run and assault in the same phase.

This is basically how I imagine Templars should work; just a massive horde of fanatical superhumans with chainswords who hack xenos and traitor alike into bloody chunks.
    Black Templar already have the Zealot USR due to having the Crusader USR.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

I'd re-tool the old Annihilation Force

Chaos Lord
    3 Chaos Terminator Squads

Must start in Reserve, Arrive T1, Chaos lord and his unit deepstrike first, only scatter D6 and then the additional squads are placed within 6

And they have preferred enemy against 1 nominated enemy unit
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234