BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50
  1. #1

    Default Matt Ward departed GW in May of 2014

    Apparently from the comments on the frontpage, people didn't know. His linkedin profile indicates that he and GW parted ways in May of 2014.

    https://www.linkedin.com/profile/vie...cmpt%3Aprimary

    Experience

    Games WorkshopAssistant Games Developer/Games Developer/Senior Games Developer/Citadel Writer
    Games Workshop
    August 2002 – May 2014 (11 years 10 months)Nottingham
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Apparently from the comments on the frontpage, people didn't know. His linkedin profile indicates that he and GW parted ways in May of 2014.

    https://www.linkedin.com/profile/vie...cmpt%3Aprimary
    I am curiuous to know who of the old guard is actually left.

  3. #3

    Default

    Seven hells!!!O_o
    Who's now defiling the codex and background??
    Last edited by Agramar; 08-11-2014 at 01:10 PM.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g8/AGRAMAR/astartes/thump_24723461234517490107vr7.gif

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agramar View Post
    Seven hells!!!O_o
    Who's now defiling the codex and background??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	monkeys-and-typewriters.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	10510  

  5. #5
    Librarian
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    505

    Default

    The above post is why we need a like button here. Just saying

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalleron View Post
    The above post is why we need a like button here. Just saying
    Agree
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g8/AGRAMAR/astartes/thump_24723461234517490107vr7.gif

  7. #7

    Default

    Actually these guys would be an upgrade

  8. #8

    Default

    I honestly don't get all the vitriol the man receives. In the grand scheme of things, he wrote stories and rules for a make believe universe. Equating his work with that of baboons I feel is cruel and unwarranted.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I honestly don't get all the vitriol the man receives. In the grand scheme of things, he wrote stories and rules for a make believe universe. Equating his work with that of baboons I feel is cruel and unwarranted.
    In own my opinion, in that grand scheme of things he was one of the most important responsables and ideologist of this "new W40K".Priestley said once that the Studio is now a kind of subsidiary office of Marketing department.True.And Matt Ward was more part of Maketing than Studio.He gets that vitriol on his own.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g8/AGRAMAR/astartes/thump_24723461234517490107vr7.gif

  10. #10

    Default

    In the sculpting area things are also the same: old guard is all gone.

    Juan Diaz, Perry Bros, and so more. The ones who stay now all desing not by greens or physical sculpting, but with Z-Brush and a pc.

    That´s why we all see models with the same pose (pointing at and feet over a rock)
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

 

 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •