BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I honestly don't get all the vitriol the man receives. In the grand scheme of things, he wrote stories and rules for a make believe universe. Equating his work with that of baboons I feel is cruel and unwarranted.
    To Ward or Baboons?

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Actually, I don't feel particularly strongly about Mat Ward. The vitriol is just the internet's tendency to amplify everything and turn it into an uber-meme

Funny that 'meme' has become such a pervasive meme itself. I remember reading about it in the Selfish Gene (where the term came from) and thinking it was a nifty concept.

So, two questions:
    1. When is the Cyberbullying case to begin?
    2. And will I need to wear a suit?

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

a much as draigo is a shame (who could have been way better) Robin Hack Cruddace, is the author I'd dance a mery jig at seeing go
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

While I don't care much for any of their work to be honest, I understand that it is more an issue of company policy than their failing. They aren't required to test, work with the other books, or have any kind of real guidelines. In such an idiotic framework, it isn't surprising that their books are not balanced, wildly inconsistent, and don't even really work well within the books themselves. As far as I can tell there is no true editorial staff, nor is there anything remotely approaching quality control. Thus, while I have loathed many of the same books as the rest of you, I don't hold the authors in total contempt so much as the atmosphere and management that marshalled them. Hell, I'd half expect Ward left because he is sick of getting so much of the blame when we don't really know what goes on behind closed doors.

It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times.

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I honestly don't get all the vitriol the man receives. In the grand scheme of things, he wrote stories and rules for a make believe universe. Equating his work with that of baboons I feel is cruel and unwarranted.
    Couldn't agree more. I enjoyed his codex work for the most part. Necrons being the highlight for me personally.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Could someone screen cap this for those of us with out an account!

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I enjoyed his codex work for the most part. Necrons being the highlight for me personally.
    Evil Metal monsters..............Who are now Egyptian Metal monsters o.O
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    Evil Metal monsters..............Who are now Misunderstood Egyptian Metal monsters o.O
    Fixed it for you
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
    I am curiuous to know who of the old guard is actually left.
    How do you define old guard though? pre-going public 1991? Pre-LOTR? Pre-2005/6 crash? Matt Ward joined the company years after I started playing the game so he isn't Old Guard to me, Jervis Johnson and Jes Goodwin are. Companies change or they die, there are plenty of skilled writers and sculptors out there and GW has the money to attract them. This is sad, I liked Ward and didn't think he deserved the hate he got but this is not some kind of seismic shift for GW.

Also don't get me started on that Necrons are Egyptian crap again please, they are not.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast