BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Librarian

We have the single elimination Finals for our league coming up this week (All that work, and I may still get knocked out! argh!).
    We get to make new lists using only the same Primary and Allied factions we have used previously.
    So this had me thinking what was my most and least useful units?
    I must say that to my surprise the Dominions have done more damage and actually won a few games for me! They were my sacrificial one trick pony outflanking unit that would hopefully take out that one vehicle that the rest of my army couldn't get to or penetrate (Land Raider, Barrage unit hidden behind terrain, etc).
    First off, they usually survived and also secured Line Breaker in most games.
    Game 1, they were one of 2 units still on the board and helped win the game.
    Game 2, they didn't do much damage but did secure linebreaker which gave me the win by 1 VP!
    Game 3, didn't really do much but they also didn't have too.
    Game 4, Outflanked and destroyed a Troops choice and an Exorcist that was trying to escape my other units.
    Game 5, Grabbed a distant objective for 1VP, then after taking a load of fire the lone survivor took that objective again (I drew another card with that # on it)!
    Game 6, in the turn they came on they destroyed a Leman Russ and stunned another Leman Russ (which they destroyed the following turn) securing that flank.

So hooray Dominions!

None of my Sisters or Eldar units were bad. The SpiritSeer didn't do much except add 2 more Deny the Witch dice each turn.
    Really the worst was in game 5 where I added some random upgrade units (Coteaz & Culexus). Niether of them really justified their points, but they were kind of thrown into an already well thought out list.

So for the Finals I have added another Dominion squad in a MultiMelta Immolator and both squads now have 3 Melta's and 1 Flamer.
    The Lynx now has the Pulsar and a Scatter Laser instead of the Sonic Lance since no one really played horde style lists anyway.
    No Inquisition or Assassins at all. Just Sisters, Eldar, and the Imperial Knight.
    I am keeping the Vengeance Weapon Batteries but have put on Battecannons instead and also added a Firestorm Redoubt with two Quad Icarus Lascannons for my AA.

Librarian

And to add to how effective my Dominions have been.
    So far I have played 2/3 games of the Finals.
    Game 1 vs Orks, they came in on opposite sides. While one unit was assaulted and wiped out by Ghaz and a Nob that also made those big guys move away from my front lines.
    The other unit stayed in play and helped to secure Linebreaker.

Game 2 vs Grey Knights.
    Just one squad in this game, but he come on exactly where I wanted them too (I got to choose) and they took out a Lascannon Razorback that was shooting at my Lynx. Also Linebreaker!

Game 3 is this weekend and at a full 3,000pts I will have both Dominion/Immolator squads!
    I look forward to seeing how much carnage they will cause!

Librarian

Won the final game vs Dark Angels w/Grey Knights!
    Adding onto how my Dominion squads did. He had most of his army in the center of the battlefield, so no sneaky super melta kills!
    But, the first Dominion moved in behind his unoccupied Firestorm Redoubt and took control if it and its two Quad Icarus lascannons.
    The other squad moved in and took the last hull point from one of his 3 Land Raiders forcing his command squad to disembark. Then squad suffered 4/6 casualties from a missed Pulsar shot and broke, never recovering.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12