BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by HsojVvad View Post
    6th edition only lasted 20 or 22 months. It didn't even survive 2 years let alone the 4 year cycle we are use to.
    Yes, this was a fast turn around between editions. Before you knew it, before the ink was dry, this was all the 6e RB was good for:

[URL=http://s71.photobucket.com/user/erekose42/media/Bob%20and%20Fred%20Eldar%20jetbike%20cheese/IMG_2998_zps4590fb0e.jpg.html][/URL]

But tis not likely to happen a second time. From various sources (store owners complaining about drops in sales) GW saw sales drop throughout 6e, woke up, sat up and listened to feedback; thus 7e got hastened along and fixed major issues. Good-bye broken Ally pairs!

This time round, we're likely to go the few years like 4e to 5e to 6e.

Then again, I could be completely talkin' outta muh butt.

Brother-Sergeant

Well after much deliberation and decision making I've decided to take the plunge on 7th Ed see how much I like it, along with the new GK codex I thought it was worth another try. It seems that no matter where you turn GW always has it's neigh-sayers, so maybe 40K is the in the worst position it's ever been in and maybe not.

Either way GW now have the wolves at their door in terms of competition so maybe we'll start to see some real balls from the company that started it all, that;s my hope at least and if by the time 8th Ed comes around and I'm not really enjoying it, then maybe it's time to roll my die in a different universe.

But for now In the far future of the 41st Millenium, there is only war!

Cheers for the help guys!

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherErekose View Post
    Yes, this was a fast turn around between editions. Before you knew it, before the ink was dry, this was all the 6e RB was good for:

[URL=http://s71.photobucket.com/user/erekose42/media/Bob%20and%20Fred%20Eldar%20jetbike%20cheese/IMG_2998_zps4590fb0e.jpg.html][/URL]

But tis not likely to happen a second time. From various sources (store owners complaining about drops in sales) GW saw sales drop throughout 6e, woke up, sat up and listened to feedback; thus 7e got hastened along and fixed major issues. Good-bye broken Ally pairs!

This time round, we're likely to go the few years like 4e to 5e to 6e.

Then again, I could be completely talkin' outta muh butt.
    I laughed so hard. I think a picture of it being used to prop up a couch leg which is broken would have been even better.

Quote Originally Posted by xbenblasterx View Post
    It seems that no matter where you turn GW always has it's neigh-sayers, so maybe 40K is the in the worst position it's ever been in and maybe not.
    Well put it this way. I think now I am what 10 years or so reading about GW on the net, GW was going to go out of business because of price increases, they didn't listen to their player bases, they make crapy rules and codices, they can't spell but make really really good minis. After 10 years later it's still the same thing. GW is still here. GW doesn't listen to us, can't spell etc etc. Only difference is they release stuff a lot faster now than they did 10 years ago. Maybe they listen after all. :P Other than that, I think it's in our blood to complain about GW. When one person stops complaining, someone takes their place. :P
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Quote Originally Posted by Chumbalaya View Post
    As someone who's played 40k since 3rd, 7th has basically killed my interest in the game. The mechanics are clunky and archaic, game balance is a complete crapshoot, any concept of individual army identity is all but gone and GW appears to only care about turning a quick buck instead of growing the game and hobby.
    I started back in 2nd, and 7th seems to accelerate the push in 6E toward the "bad old days" of rules bloat. Games are slower and less fun, with a lot more un-cool micro-management that I really hate. I don't need a zillion different flavors of different for the sake of being different, which is precisely what GM has been pushing as of late. Maybe I'll just go back to 4th with the 3E rulebook lists.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    It's a much better version of 6th, at least, as long as you avoid delving too deep into the detachment shenanigans.
    True, but that's not really a compliment. It's still too bloated for the non-regular player, and too unbalanced for a competitive player.
    - 40k Eldar, Imperial Guard & Chaos Marines ∙ WFB Dogs of War ∙ WM/H Cryx ∙ BFG Chaos & Imperial Navy -

simple house rules fix most of 40k 'issues'. we're sticking to 6th and pulling in things from 7th we like. and modifying our own codexes.
    no reason to pay gw for something you dont like.

think dropzone is looking interesting - but their rules are going to be modular - so each 'new' book gives a whole move forward - shame gw cant do it that way! - but a complete and thorough re-write is obviously beyond them. but if you like modelling gw are still streets ahead - only so much you can do with 15mm or fixed metal poses!

- - - Updated - - -

i cut out all the 'required' pages and gave the pretty pictures to the kidz. blow me in 7th theyve finally caught on!

Tbh we've been having a lot of success with new players starting the game, I don't see where this "bloat" is less than GW's habit of scattering the rules around makes it annoying as hell to find them.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234