BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Robin Williams 40k collector R.I.P.

I know this is a gaming forum but we all know Robin Williams has bought fully painted GW armies so I thought this would be ok to post about a fellow collector/gamer.

Last night Robin Williams committed suicide. Apparently he had been battling with severe depression and finally lost. I have spent this morning reading all the articles that has come out and many of the celebrity responses and tweets. Even President Obama issued a statement. Robin was an incredibly kind and generous human being who made millions laugh but behind the crazy antics and hyper states he was obviously hiding something much darker. Yes his addictions have been well documented but he seemed to be on the right path. Depression is a silent killer and its a shame beyond words that this beautiful man who gave so much to all those around him could be suffering so terribly that his only way out was to end his life. I have never shed tears for celebrities who have "issues" and off themselves as Ive found most to not be of Robins caliber of human being. Ive always heard Robin was a gentle soul who gave more and did more for his fellow man (woman) but to hear just how far he would go in those behaviors has really touched me in a way I never though it would. Ive been tearing up for the past 2 hours. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. There will never be another like him. Not on the screen and not in real life. If you haven't been reading about it, or didn't know about who he really was I would urge you to start reading the articles and look at what his fellows in the business have been saying but also the millions of people who loved him and his work. The world lost a great man, actor and above all human being and one of the kindest yet saddest souls ever.

Robin, may you finally find the peace in death, that now obviously, so eluded you in life. You will be missed.
    Last edited by Storm96; 08-12-2014 at 08:50 AM. Reason: additional text

Occuli Imperator

Please collect all items here: [url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48130-Robin-Williams[/url]
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni