BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MurderFang

Default MurderFang

How is he being played? Ive seen arguments about his claws being Str 8 on the Charge (Due to Fur Assault) and Ive seen arguments about it being Str 7 due to the fact that his claw appears to be a set value str item with a different str than the model.

The WD I believe mentioned it was Str 8 but we all know how reliable WD is for rules...

cheers.

RAW it's probably 7, but I'd go with 8 for any friendly match

Librarian

I don't have the WD, but seems like Str7 is pretty clear in the codex anyway. Furious Charge (p164) states you add +1 to your Str characteristic.
    Perhaps an FAQ/Errata will be incoming to address this. Otherwise, what is the point of having Furious Charge unless you lose both murderclaws due to weapon destoyed?

Yeah it would have made more sense to make the claws Str +1 and there would be no arguing. The Str 8 comes from the WD article which mentions MF getting X Str 8 attacks on the charge. I believe the guy that said it was one of the writers of the codex hence the question.

Brother-Captain

RAW it's definitely S7. I have a hard time believing they only gave him furious charge on the off chance he loses both arms though.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    RAW it's definitely S7. I have a hard time believing they only gave him furious charge on the off chance he loses both arms though.
    My bet is on a GW rules writing SNAFU too. Hopefully it will be FAQ'd before the next edition drops.

From the Wunderkin who have you so many other golden oldies in silly rules, vague rules, and things we can't be certain are rules... comes the new Space Wolf Murder Fang with a special rule that doesn't have any value unless its arms are blown off and it is still around to try and ineffectually charge you!

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Demonus View Post
    How is he being played? Ive seen arguments about his claws being Str 8 on the Charge (Due to Fur Assault) and Ive seen arguments about it being Str 7 due to the fact that his claw appears to be a set value str item with a different str than the model.

The WD I believe mentioned it was Str 8 but we all know how reliable WD is for rules...

cheers.
    Perhaps the misprint is that it shouldn't have Furious Charge, but should instead have 'Furry Charge' (any model with a furry coat, cape, or adornment gets +1 Str on the charge).

I approve of the above message.

Not really sure why some people are having issues with this. The weapons are S7 and until both arms are ripped off Furious Charge does not activate on a charge, afterwards it does and Murderfang's S6 standard attacks increase to S7.

Simple.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast