BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Alternative Heads for Deathwing Knights

Hey all!

I'm not a fan of the stock heads for Deathwing Knights, I feel some of them suffer from "goofy chin syndrome" and the faces and hoods just don't look too great to me. I really don't want to use normal termie heads either to help differentiate them from my normal termies. So I was wondering if anyone had any cool ideas for alternatives I could use?
    "Kill them, my children, but make it slow..."

I've been thinking about the same thing for my Imperial Fist terminators. I want something Knightly so I was thinking maybe GK terminator heads could work. They may be useful for Deathwing Knights too. Other than that, normal Marine helmets don't fit on terminator torsos very well. I don't actually have any GK heads though, so I can't see how compatible they are off-hand.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Default Grey knight heads

I run half my deathwing as Guardians of the Covenant, and use grey knight heads. They look fantastic, and work with both the box termies, and with a tiny bit of cutting, also work with the Dark Vengeance termies. U can find grey knight heads on eBay for cheap.

Is it the hoods or the bare heads that you don't like? I'm planning on using these from Anvil Industry to match the robes and give my knights a chaplain feel.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hooded-skulls-800x500.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	10528

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklinc View Post
    I run half my deathwing as Guardians of the Covenant, and use grey knight heads. They look fantastic, and work with both the box termies, and with a tiny bit of cutting, also work with the Dark Vengeance termies. U can find grey knight heads on eBay for cheap.
    Do you have any pictures I can see? I'm interested to see how this looks
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.