BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Why would he have to go and get Vlad's body? Nagash animated an entire empire before now and he never even left his fortress at Nagashizzar to do it. From what we're hearing he has been brought back at full strength so raising one vampire lord long distance hardly seems difficult by comparison and once awake I'm pretty sure Vlad could break out of his tomb and make his own way back to Sylvania, what with vampires being able to turn into mist, bats, wolves etc.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Isn't this exactly the sort of question we're going to have answered?
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Brakkart View Post
    Why would he have to go and get Vlad's body? Nagash animated an entire empire before now and he never even left his fortress at Nagashizzar to do it. From what we're hearing he has been brought back at full strength so raising one vampire lord long distance hardly seems difficult by comparison and once awake I'm pretty sure Vlad could break out of his tomb and make his own way back to Sylvania, what with vampires being able to turn into mist, bats, wolves etc.
    He was put in the temple of sigmar....with a bunch of holy stuff ontop of him in the middle of the empire.....That must of been a pain in the *** even for Nagash lol
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

My read on it is that this is Nagash at the most powerful he's been, possibly in his entire unlife. He's been resurrected properly with a full-strength ritual, reunited with all his artefacts, and is leeching off the strong Winds of Death unleashed by Archaon's invasion. In those circumstances it seems like there's nothing necromantic he can't do.

We'll see, though. I'm looking forward to how it's all done.

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    He was put in the temple of sigmar....with a bunch of holy stuff ontop of him in the middle of the empire.....That must of been a pain in the *** even for Nagash lol
    And Nagash's pretty floral bonnet was left in much the same place. Mannfred managed to steal that back!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    And Nagash's pretty floral bonnet was left in much the same place. Mannfred managed to steal that back!
    Ya but Mannfred wasn't a giant floating god skeleton............
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

So, uh. Shall we open a death-speculation in the couple of days before we know?

I suspect the following are not long for this world:

Settra (obvs, but how dead can a Tomb King ever be? Nagash could probably do it).

Every Other Tomb King Character Without A Model

Balthasar Gelt (who appears to have royally ****ed It)

Eltharion (bad things happened to him the last time we did the End Times; predict this will continue)

Louen Leoncouer (persistent whispers to this effect; sets up Bretonnians for a new book/reboot)

Any others people fancy to snuff it? I think people's ability to survive will directly correlate with how new and how made-from-metal their model is, but beyond that, we'll see!

My other major question is: sure, you've brought Vlad back, but what about Isabella? I hope she comes back as part of the deal. But will anyone bother with Konrad?

Isabella isn't mentioned as coming back yet, it would be kind of ****ty if she didn't. I could see Nagash saying 'serve me loyally and I will bring her back' style of thing but I still have problems with the (un)life of a woman being used like that so yeah, hoping she comes back too.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I am sure that whatever Nagash wants, Vlad will roll up his sleeves and do it himself if he has to. It's as close as Warhammer has to true love, surely!

The thing that's stuck out for me with the Undead Legions is that... it's kind of a ramshackle roadshow of mortal enemies, isn't it? An army which has Neferata and Khalida, Mannfred and Vlad (who can't be happy playing second fiddle to his son who might have betrayed him in the first place), Arkhan and anyone else, because nobody likes Arkhan... it's got the potential to fall apart pretty hilariously.

But then, that just makes it a nice mirror to the "combined" forces of Chaos.
    Last edited by Cap'nSmurfs; 08-27-2014 at 04:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    Still how the hell did he get Vlads body?????
    There was a Gotrek and Felix short story where a group of necromancers managed to get Vlad's remains, and the bungled resurrection turned him into a Varghulf. Mannfred was also there to try and prevent the resurrection and tangled with Gotrek, if memory serves.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast