BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Space wolves Wolf lord Transport

Can I put my wolf lord on a Thunderwolf mount and then stick him in a transport. I have been looking for hours to find something to say I cant but I see nothing, not even a bulky rule. so I could even put him a a razorback on a thunderwolf! am I right? my heart is saying this is wrong but I like the idea of getting a Land raider filling it full of wolf Guard with jump packs and a lord on a thunderwolf

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rough Touch View Post
    Can I put my wolf lord on a Thunderwolf mount and then stick him in a transport. I have been looking for hours to find something to say I cant but I see nothing, not even a bulky rule. so I could even put him a a razorback on a thunderwolf! am I right? my heart is saying this is wrong but I like the idea of getting a Land raider filling it full of wolf Guard with jump packs and a lord on a thunderwolf
    oh wait, I just realised getting on a wolf would turn him into Cavalry

I do not have the new codex but the 5th edition codex says a Thunderwolf mount has unit type of Cavalary. I think transports can only carry Infantry units.

Veteran-Sergeant

I have the same thing! I cant find anywhere how "big" a thunderwolf is, in the cavalry entry it doesnt say. So for now you can put him in any transport Thunderwolves in stormwolf, yes please

no I was wrong, read under transport in the rules. it is say only Infantry units. If you mount a Thunderwolf your unit type becomes cavalry......sad times

no I was wrong, read under transport in the rules. it is say only Infantry units. If you mount a Thunderwolf your unit type becomes cavalry......sad times
    Don't feel bad. I had a friend think he could stick his HQ on a bike and drop it in with a Drop Pod because he didn't read the Transport section close enough. He found out in a game at a TOURNAMENT, against me, that he could not do that. He ended up having to put his HQ on the table, alone with the rest of his army in very different places.

LOL yep I was scouring the book yesterday to see what sort of "bulky" TWolves were.... *sigh*

Battle-Brother

I was looking for something similar, trying to figure out Fenresian Wolves. In the last codex it said that wolves that were taken as wargear could go in transports, now no mention.

Initiate
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/87173693@N03/

Default Transport Capacity

- - - Updated - - -

oh wait, I just realised getting on a wolf would turn him into Cavalry
    No. (7th edition, Transport Capacity)
    Has to be Infantry/IC (Infantry) (Jump/jetpack excluded)

Cheers,