BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Grounding tests - is it a saving throw?

Is a grounding test a 'save' for the purposes of tzeentch flying monstrous creatures being able to Reroll 1's?

---

We are playing that it is not a saving throw but I am interested to see if this is how everyone else interprets this?

Occuli Imperator

The grounding test is not a save so cannot be re-rolled.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

This seems a pretty odd question, unless I'm missing something. It wouldn't have occurred to me to even ask whether a grounding test is a save, but I take it someone has perhaps argued that it is. Are there any reasons to think it is?

Came up in the last game I had vs daemons. He cited a popular podcast that had mentioned it being a save in a rules debate, we consulted rulebook and codex and went against their decision. I was fairly certain on that it was a 'test' and not a save, but interested if anyone else had played it different!

If he's going to re-roll 1s on Tests, tell him to do it on Strength and Initiative tests as well. See how that makes him feel when you rock out Transdimensional Beamers or Jaws of the World Wolf.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    If he's going to re-roll 1s on Tests, tell him to do it on Strength and Initiative tests as well. See how that makes him feel when you rock out Transdimensional Beamers or Jaws of the World Wolf.
    Oooh zing!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks