BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Should Scotland be an independent nation?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Freedom/Good riddance (yes)

7 25.00%
  • Better together (no)

9 32.14%
  • I don't care

12 42.86%
Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

I thought we'd already decided democracy doesn't work?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Works better than the alternatives.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

There was that too...

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    I sincerely doubt that. There's no way they'll just walk away and give up power.
    Some of the stated aims of independence are the SNP manifesto, trident removal for example.
    Indeed. People keep saying its not about the SNP, but it most definitely is.

Im sure a lot of people voting Yes are doing so because they want to self determinate. But I think equally as many, if not more, are voting Yes because of promises being made by the SNP on what will happen in an independent Scotland.

If there's an SNP Government after a Scottish General Election.

If you can't twig on that, then you don't really deserve the vote
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

But when is the election?

Chapter-Master

lols just seen this elsewhere

a quick and bias TLR

- alex salmond (head of the Scottish National Party) wants a bigger wage.

- launches a campagin for independence.

- has weird ****ing rules; 16 year olds can vote (you need to be 18 to vote in the uk) and even if 50001 people vote yes, and 49999 people vote now itll be a independent country for life. oh and the current cabinet cant step in apparently

- Salmond BS's throughly the entire campaign (hides NHS cuts, says we can keep the pound (we cant), ect, ect)

- tons of advertising and blatent lies. no one steps in

- no one takes him sersiouly.

- goes round yelling that only scottish people vote for independance, and if you dont you not scottish

- now there is a risk of a yes vote happening tomorrow as all the junkies, racists and people who dont know much all think independence will be like braveheart.

- HALP PLS.

So in order to want to distance yourself from Westminster you must be a Junkie, Racist or thick?

Right......

Chaplain

Oh dear...

There was a depressing amount of people saying things on facebook last night like "I'm just watching braveheart to test my resolve before the big day" :/

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    So in order to want to distance yourself from Westminster you must be a Junkie, Racist or thick?

Right......
    No, but the Yes campaign is highly nationalistic and Salmond has basically swept a huge number of issues aside and basically yelled 'Vote yes if you are really Scottish'. In the same way there are lots of morons that would vote for UKIP in England there are lots of morons in Scotland whose dislike of the English outweighs their common sense and ability to comprehend the true and full consequences.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast