BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Should Scotland be an independent nation?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Freedom/Good riddance (yes)

7 25.00%
  • Better together (no)

9 32.14%
  • I don't care

12 42.86%
Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

The EU should be nothing more than a trading block, its what the people that were given the referendum voted for.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

Is [URL="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-28943041"]this[/URL] not the guaranteed way to kill a fledgling independent economy?

Yup. It's no kind of threat either. 'If you don't give us a currency union, we'll default on our debts and trash our economy!'.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

It's a fairly awful position to stand in I agree :S.

Also, surely if Scotland isn't using the pound it will start using the "pund" again!

Occuli Imperator

Then that comic will need to re-do his joke about "I'll think you'll find that's legal tender".

It seems that they want the divorce, keep the house but don't want the share of debt that helped pay the mortgage.

For a country that has no independent credit history it will make it very expensive for the country to run. Then coupled with leaders saying, we won't pay our share of the debt, it would make me very worried about providing a government loan.

The UK is fortunate that it currently has a Aaa rating for loans, which means that banks will loan the government money and it only costs the government a small amount of interest, the lower the rating the more costly that loan becomes (just like people).

Argentina for instance have just defaulted on their debt (again) and that has really not helped their economic crisis.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Interestingly, having been up in Edinburgh since Wednesday, the feel up here is that Yes has more support than the media are letting on.

Banners, stickers, posters - you name it, it's out there and very visible.

General feel? We might just be seeing an independent Scotland.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Don't forget the nutters always shout loudest

Oh indeed, but there's nothing visible for the No campaign...

From what my brother has told me, where the No campaign are trying big politics style, the Yes campaign are taking a more 'grass roots*' approach, going to meet the spod in the street on their own turf, and actually talking to them, rather than at them.

*hate that expression myself. Always seems associated with the far right in my mind.....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

I have a creeping opinion that enough people up there will vote with their hearts and not their heads, to make this happen... just increased off the back of the last TV debate. Thanks America for giving us TV debates btw.

I think Salmond could probably say that the Virgin Mary will be in Sauchiehall Street giving out free henna tattoos next Wednesday and a few tartan-heided eejits will believe him.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    I have a creeping opinion that enough people up there will vote with their hearts and not their heads, to make this happen... just increased off the back of the last TV debate. Thanks America for giving us TV debates btw.

I think Salmond could probably say that the Virgin Mary will be in Sauchiehall Street giving out free henna tattoos next Wednesday and a few tartan-heided eejits will believe him.
    Care to try that again, perhaps without the casual racism?

Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast