BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Reserves

Battle-Brother

Default Reserves

The rulebook says "Some of your units can be held in reserve" without actually saying how many units SOME is. How many units can you hold in reserve? Which page is that on?

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

as many as you want, but remember that if you have no units on the table at the end of game turn 1 you loose
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

They removed the only half of your units can be in reserve thing did they? Or am I remembering 6th ed wrong?
    http://www.celestial-lions.net - witness my insanity

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Krefey View Post
    They removed the only half of your units can be in reserve thing did they? Or am I remembering 6th ed wrong?
    Yes. They removed the restriction but kept the auto-loss if you have no units on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    as many as you want, but remember that if you have no units on the table at the end of a game turn, (including turn 1 because all your units are in reserve) you loose
    FTFY for sake of clarity
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    Yes. They removed the restriction but kept the auto-loss if you have no units on the table.
    Just remember that game turn = you + enemy. Don't let jackasses convince you that you have lost if they kill everything in their turn and you went second. If you reserves arrive (droppod army, void talon formation, faceripper formation, grey knight detachment) you are still good to go if they arrive in your turn before the game turn ends.

Librarian

I loved this change. I had bought up Dark Vengeance box sets to run an all Deathwing army Deepstriking all on turn 1.
    I almost sold all of my Deathwing minis. So glad I held out until 7th edition!

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by JMichael View Post
    I loved this change. I had bought up Dark Vengeance box sets to run an all Deathwing army Deepstriking all on turn 1.
    I almost sold all of my Deathwing minis. So glad I held out until 7th edition!
    The Deathwing's special deepstriking rule has helped me out so many times...

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Theik View Post
    Just remember that game turn = you + enemy. Don't let jackasses convince you that you have lost if they kill everything in their turn and you went second. If you reserves arrive (droppod army, void talon formation, faceripper formation, grey knight detachment) you are still good to go if they arrive in your turn before the game turn ends.
    Yeah, definitely an important thing to remember.