BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

So they do or dont go to troops now?
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

They don't go to troops, but I thought Draigo still gave them obsec. Now that I look at his entry, there's nothing there about it.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

theres one thing forgotten about Strike squads, Deep strike. I know they don't seem the best option compared to the survival/abilities of terminators, but as cheep 5 man reserve units, they have some possible options especially in maelstrom games.

Chapter-Master

It's not like they couldn't deepstrike before. Just now you can trade obsec for the ability to deepstrike turn 1. Thing is, deepstriking is still terrible for basically anything that's not in a drop pod. You scatter all over the place, you don't have control over when you come on the board, and since GKs are such an elite, low model count army, you can't afford to have a fifth of your army hiding in reserves.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

You know I never notice in codex space marines that DCCW became flat power fists (unwieldy) that affects the Dreadknight too; so now in pretty much having to take the Nemesis greatsword or else be Int 1.

I guess you can choose to make AP Smash attacks instead of using the power fists, but who is going to do that for the small upgrade cost.

Also do psycannons seem really expensive now that they're essentially a 24" autocannon? Autocannons are dirt cheap to those that can take them, seems odd that the psycannon is 3x more in points.
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by The Tisroc View Post
    Page one of this thread indicated there was such a rule and I've been frantically looking for it...
    Those was posted before the codex was in the Geniral public so it was expected to take it as a grain of salt
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    It's not like they couldn't deepstrike before. Just now you can trade obsec for the ability to deepstrike turn 1. Thing is, deepstriking is still terrible for basically anything that's not in a drop pod. You scatter all over the place, you don't have control over when you come on the board, and since GKs are such an elite, low model count army, you can't afford to have a fifth of your army hiding in reserves.
    Wow you are obessiveive over being negitive to most of the things said for one i can say this is rubish what i see here yes deepstriking is risky but if you take the propper steps the risks can be minimized and can be viable to win games for instance reserving vunirbal units that are really strong can save there lifes insted of loosing them because you did not get to go first secondly ever heard of wargear that reducesis scatter or have 0 scatter if they deploy 6 inchis within a unit with say a locator beacon.

I know how to deepstrike because i played a deepstriking army aka daemon's when you useing plaguedrones to get up the field and have models deepstrike near them because the drones have a icon of chaos and deepstriking nurgle plaguebearers having FNP or beasts with IWND being nearly unkillable and making enemys fire all guns at that unit out of panic that if they dont kill them they will assult on the next turn wile the other things in your army can advance up the field and get into possition it can win you games and before you mention but if your unlucky with dice rolls to be honist if your unlucky with dice rolls even without deepstriking you can loose the game...
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Xaric View Post
    Wow you are obessiveive over being negitive to most of the things said for one i can say this is rubish what i see here yes deepstriking is risky but if you take the propper steps the risks can be minimized and can be viable to win games for instance reserving vunirbal units that are really strong can save there lifes insted of loosing them because you did not get to go first secondly ever heard of wargear that reducesis scatter or have 0 scatter if they deploy 6 inchis within a unit with say a locator beacon.
    You really don't get who you are talking too do you?
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Veteran-Sergeant

No ghosts and no servo skulls. Hopefully we get a dataslate for Mordrak before I strip my Ghosts and repaint them......I am happy that Crowe is now an IC. It was stupid that he wasn't before.

Chapter-Master

Don't get me wrong, the new deepstrike detachment is cool, and I'm planning on trying it out. It is really the one big unknown with the new codex that needs to get played with. But with regards to Strike Squads specifically, it doesn't really do much to solve their specific issues (and with Dreadknights and Interceptors, you're better off just deploying them and teleporting to avoid bad luck on reserve rolls and scattering onto things, and Purifiers and Purgation squads can't deepstrike, and Draigo comes with Gate of Infinity, so really maybe it doesn't bring that much to the table after all).

I think the real reason it will be useful is to reduce your minimum troops requirement so you can get to the good stuff in the codex faster. Take a Librarian and a unit of Termintors, then fill up on Paladins, Dreadknights, etc.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast