BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Vampire Counts 1000pts

Threw this together as I'm thinking of doing a VC army.

Master Necromancer
    - Wizard Level 4
    - Master of the Dead
    - Gambler's Armour
    - Seed of Rebirth

Skeleton Warriors (20)
    - Full Command
    - Spears (20)

Skeleton Warriors (20)
    - Full Command
    - Spears (20)

Corpse Cart
    -Unholy Lodestone

Hexwraiths (5)
    - Hellwraith

C&C welcome.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

110 views and no replies?
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Daemon-Prince

Honestly with the current book skeletons suck, GO for Ghouls and zombies they are better in every way. Also Hexwraiths are horribly under powered due to most armys having cheap magic weapons or spells that will destroy them before they can do much (They have no save after all...) I don't have the book atm but you really need a vampire in your army..........(Or you can't march if i remember right)

Summed up...

-Replace Skeletons with Ghouls & Zombies (40 man zombie block is your friend & your opponents worst nightmare since it will tarpit everything it touch's for only 120pts lol!)
    -Replace Hexwraiths with Black Knights (Which are awesome)
    -Don't bother with the corpse cart unless you have more casters =/
    -Take a Vampire and mount him to put with the black knights, it makes one deadly,deadly unit......(ASF vampire with a great weapon is fun)
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Thanks for the reply

I took Hexwraiths because you need magical weapons to hit them as they are Ethereal and I've seen them wreak havoc at my local GW.

Also undead units can only march within 12" of the General who doesn't have to be a Vampire but must be a Wizard, so that's why I took the Master Necromancer as he's cheaper than a Vamp and can be level 4.

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by RGilbert26 View Post
    Thanks for the reply

I took Hexwraiths because you need magical weapons to hit them as they are Ethereal and I've seen them wreak havoc at my local GW.

Also undead units can only march within 12" of the General who doesn't have to be a Vampire but must be a Wizard, so that's why I took the Master Necromancer as he's cheaper than a Vamp and can be level 4.
    He is also very easy to kill.......plus if I remember wizards can't take armor so you have to fork out the pts for a ward save.

Oh and hexwraiths are 100% useless If your opponent has a wizard.......or is dwarfs......
    Potential war gameing Jawa.