BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Librarian

Default Destroyer and AP1

Am I correct that the AP value of a Destroyer weapon has no additional effect on vehicles (no +1 on the Destroyer chart, etc).

Imo destroyer hit is a penetrating hit that does extra amount of hull-point damage. so ap1 would still get +2 on vehicle damage table?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    Imo destroyer hit is a penetrating hit that does extra amount of hull-point damage. so ap1 would still get +2 on vehicle damage table?
    That's the way I understand it too.

Librarian

Destroyer weapons don't roll on the Vehicle Damage table. They roll on the Destroyer Weapon Attack Table (p163).

- - - Updated - - -

Wait a sec...On the Destroyer Attack table for a roll of 2-5 (for example), the model suffers a Penetrating hit that causes it to loose D3 hull points.
    So I would still roll on the Vehicle Damage chart in addition to the Destroyer Weapon Attack Table!
    I think I got it!

Yes indeed, so a 2-5 hit with a Knight's D-sword on a Land Raider could just cause 1 to 3 hull points, but if it rolls a 6 on the vehicle damage chart then it just Explodes. The extra effects for multiple pens though could cause passengers (if any) to Snap Fire after they disembark, so that's something too.

Interestingly though a Transcendant C'tan's Transliminal Stride cannot cause anything to Explode as it's AP-. (and as a side note Terminators would get their armor saves unless the D result is a 6 ).

I think I still prefer the old D rules, auto wound, auto pen, ignores cover, instant death, +1 on vehicle damage chart. Worked more cleanly, and with superheavies back then suffering effects of vehicle damage to some extent it worked.

Of course now the Stomp attacks are almost worse than D!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Krungharr View Post
    Yes indeed, so a 2-5 hit with a Knight's D-sword on a Land Raider could just cause 1 to 3 hull points, but if it rolls a 6 on the vehicle damage chart then it just Explodes. The extra effects for multiple pens though could cause passengers (if any) to Snap Fire after they disembark, so that's something too.

Interestingly though a Transcendant C'tan's Transliminal Stride cannot cause anything to Explode as it's AP-. (and as a side note Terminators would get their armor saves unless the D result is a 6 ).

I think I still prefer the old D rules, auto wound, auto pen, ignores cover, instant death, +1 on vehicle damage chart. Worked more cleanly, and with superheavies back then suffering effects of vehicle damage to some extent it worked.

Of course now the Stomp attacks are almost worse than D!
    Agreed, my major gripe with 7th was the massive nerf to D weapons; they were fine as they were. After all they are meant to be 'Destroyer' yet now they only destroy on a 6.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

We had some games last weekend that included imperial knights. Only two charges happened for them during that time, both against vehicles, but still they managed to do 17 and 15 hullpoints of damage (no explodes results tho).

So it seems that they surely will wreck most of the things they get in touch with, but it sure does not mean automatic explosion

The rules for D note that you can't take Armour Saves against them, IIRC.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    The rules for D note that you can't take Armour Saves against them, IIRC.
    That was the case in 6th, but no longer. The 2-5 result on the Destroyer Table permits any saving throw you have, subject to standard AP and Ignores Cover rules. The 6 result still ignores all saves.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Wow. The Trans'Tan kinda sucks now...
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast