BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Str 9 or 10 for Thunderwolf Riders + Power fist.

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll

3 18.75%

12 75.00%
  • 9 for IC, 10 for TWC

1 6.25%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Looking in several places I'm inclined to fall on the fence but my gut tells me S10 for the reason that his 'profile' becomes S5; it's not +1STR in the normal sense. Defo an FAQ jobby.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Yeah, its gotten to the point around here where we've thrown our hands in the air and said "F*ck it! We're just going to apply setting/cinematic rules wo some of these things because they are a mess otherwise"

Its god damned ridiculous this edition, and personally I just cant wait till I pick up the new infinity starter set

I'm picking that up and Bolt Action too. I decided yesterday that I'm ebaying everything. I'm getting ready to move to another State and 1) it is a chunk of money I can use for the trip, 2) it is stuff I don't have to move (and there is a lot of it), and 3) I just don't enjoy the game anymore. It has gotten that bad. Tactical wargaming is the hobby, not Games Workshop and the simple fact is there are people buidling better mousetraps (with better pricing no less). Thus, when I get my ebay thing up sometime in the next few days (I have to add everything up, take pictures, calculate a bargain price, etc.) I'll point people toward it. Anyone wanting a metric ton of Chaos, and a decent amount of Guard and other factions, terrain, and bits can probably get a steal.

Chapter-Master

I was just randomly given a drop zone commander starter pack, so...
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

In my OP i talked about Kenny on Forge The Narrative. He had talked about his unit of TWC and had posted a list. Well it seems like he has been Illuminated. Check 21:50 on this pod cast. ( [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l71B2TKMKw[/url] ) Pretty much sums up this whole argument. For the counter argument via video check this. ( [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OHNxzkbKT0&list=UUBzUEWxzduyn0PQsOtvY_5w[/url] )

Here is Kenny's argument. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1622146_266590066865102_2274432901405722204_n.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	10921
    Forge The Narrative

Kenny here,
    I have relented on my argument for S10vsS9 TWC....after having it presented to me over and over again....i decided to put together this simple graphic. I photographed the rules instead of typing them and built a pretty simple key in photoshop. I believe in my heart that they are meant to be S10 but i can only prove that they are S9. Unless you want to argue that "to increase" is not a "modification" ....which is dumb because obviously is you increase something you have modified it in some way. At least in this context.
    Last edited by Lord Lorne Walkier; 08-28-2014 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Lorne Walkier View Post
    In my OP i talked about Kenny on Forge The Narrative. He had talked about his unit of TWC and had posted a list. Well it seems like he has been Illuminated. Check 21:50 on this pod cast. ( [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l71B2TKMKw[/url] ) Pretty much sums up this whole argument. For the counter argument via video check this. ( [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OHNxzkbKT0&list=UUBzUEWxzduyn0PQsOtvY_5w[/url] )

Here is Kenny's argument. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1622146_266590066865102_2274432901405722204_n.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	10921
    This makes me kinda see the point for it being S9 really. As they are 'wargear' so that S5 is not a standard it's a +1 really however you read it. Once they say it's wargear then whether their intent is S9 or S10 at the moment RAW it should be S9 for both IC's and TWC units. Double characteristic then any adds as per WH40k:TR
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    This makes me kinda see the point for it being S9 really. As they are 'wargear' so that S5 is not a standard it's a +1 really however you read it. Once they say it's wargear then whether their intent is S9 or S10 at the moment RAW it should be S9 for both IC's and TWC units. Double characteristic then any adds as per WH40k:TR
    You have been Illuminated! Too bad you can't change your Vote....

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Lorne Walkier View Post
    You have been Illuminated! Too bad you can't change your Vote....
    Strength is 10 per the new FAQ, and 5th edition had the same FAQ. I expect it will foolishly be argued again in 8th edition but it is 10.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234