BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Default Hive Fleet Caoineag

Hey all,

This is going to be the thread where I will detail my progress on my new hive fleet scheme.

Going to start with trying to get the core troops done first, so lots and lots of gants and tervigons to start.

Will be updating this as the army progresses.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Occuli Imperator

I do like the colour scheme
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

I like the gaunts, I think the big gribbly needs something to break up the light green on the carapace. Maybe the same style the gaunts have?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

Oh, I thought that light green was just a base, that would then be darkened with teh green flicks on the edges like the gaunts
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

up the creek, without a paddle

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Oh, I thought that light green was just a base, that would then be darkened with teh green flicks on the edges like the gaunts
    Ah you might be right, I assumed it was done as the first photos were done.

Also dwez I see what you did there, have you seen the pun thread?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

Yeah sorry, the gaunts are pretty much done, the tervigon will be the same when its finished, with the muscle vent parts on its limbs, and its tongue being blue and the sac and fleshborer hives being a mucus colouring.

The Scheme looks like this when its finished. I just really wanted to get this thread started, I haven't been into the feel of my nids very solidly since 5th ed to be honest (though they had a resurgence late 6th) So I like to get as much can before I get inevitably distracted by my chaos armies again.

haha fair call on the pun man, fair call. I wanted to go with just banshee, but caoineag has a bit more character
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

Im at home at the moment with a busted knee....so lots of painting.

Heres the progress on tervigon, decided to go with the blue on the spawn sack instead of a slime green, I like it, it stands out more and looks really good with the green and balck, furthermore the really light green on the edging shouldn't cash with it. I think I'll be using the same blue on the wings of my bugs too. (dont know if I'll do them slimy though.

So the only things left to do are the green edging on the carapace and the bone for the varioous spikes and blades. should be done by hte end of the week.

Chapter-Master

Some more progress, I've been sick (and working on cleaning and undercoating the rest of the army) so its a bit slow finnishing the tervigon. But I've almost finished the green edging and starting to do the bone now.

Chaplain

Nice paint scheme