BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Just for clarity

[url]http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?282133-Jes-Goodwin-at-Dark-Eldar-Launch/page4[/url]

2010, and I dont even think thats the earliest time this has been mentioned

EDIT:

Im pretty sure the 2004 date for DE was from Jes's concept sketches, which doen't mean that the sculpting had been started, merely that he was exploring the design direcction to take the army. slightly different emphasis.
    Last edited by daboarder; 08-22-2014 at 06:44 AM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

If Jes gives Sisters the DE treatment then I am willing to wait it out... not happily mind you as us hard core hobbyists want all things right now!

Hell I've been waiting for plastic Harlequins forever!

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    Hell I've been waiting for plastic Harlequins forever!
    Most of the Eldar range is 20y+
    Also I really dont want a new DE codex. With all the indirect nerfs to DE due to 7th edition rules and the new kinda "meh" codices I fully expect them do get useless rules and a hefty price increase in points and money all over the army.

Fairly sure one of the characters had 2005 on the tab or something? I forget. Jes also did an interview in 2005-7 where he talked about working on Dark Eldar.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Most of the Eldar range is 20y+
    Also I really dont want a new DE codex. With all the indirect nerfs to DE due to 7th edition rules and the new kinda "meh" codices I fully expect them do get useless rules and a hefty price increase in points and money all over the army.
    I couldn't agree more. The 7th codex trend has me living in fear of how they will wash out the individuality from my other armies. Even though the Eldar range is old a lot of the models still hold up remarkably well... just highlights how ridiculously talented Mr Goodwin is.

I don't really care about the rules anymore, mostly playing WFB. I welcome new models and hopefully new background.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I welcome new models and hopefully new background.
    Looking at the "new" GK codex.... hope dies last (and is an integral part of a successful torture session)

Veteran-Sergeant
    That would make it too easy for the Imperial Assassins

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Re-tooling from metal to plastic should be straight forward.

What will take time is trying to get sisters to work in 7th the way that they should.
    Pretty sure modern GW wouldn't push back a release because a designer isn't happy with the rules if the models were all ready, for better or for worse. They got quotas to meet on revenue.

I'm still willing to say the issues with the plastics are still true. Dark Eldar took forever for them to finish, and really the only evidence against it is that they haven't been released yet, despite the passage of years. It simply hasn't been given priority due to the other stuff they need to do to keep the business going. There's not really much more that can be said than that. I mean it's hard to argue that GW isn't working on them when it comes straight from Jes Goodwin's mouth.

(That is, the original thing he says about them being delayed due to issues with the models)
    Last edited by Lancel; 08-25-2014 at 10:50 AM.

It's funny because as I said in 2006-7 Jes Goodwin did an interview with someone or other (the podcast was still available a year or two ago) where he talked about working on Dark Eldar and this was dismissed by people who declared with great confidence they would be dropped for Reasons. Much the same way people still insist on doing with SoB. They also used to say it about GK, Tau and Necrons before they were updated.

I dont think they get dropped (after all the BL books and a small role in a warzone book) but the support for them is really lackluster. Escalation did not bother with them (Dark Eldar? Erm... yeah just go and use the Eldar thingy...), Forgeworld has 3 Models that either look dated (Voidraven) or are slight variations from the standard Raider with stupid rules.
    The will most probably get the GK treatment. Less options, no new minis and Haemunculi stuff as extra to purchase Dataslate. Not to mention as they are currently on a quite low price, the repackaging and adjusted price.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast