BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Assassins: GW did an am amazing job!

Got to say the Assassins data slate is really impressive, yes it cost just shy of £12, but finally Assassins will play like they should!

Vindicate new super long range rifle and Turbo rounds become Str 10 vs vehicles, shield breaker is ignores invulnerable, all attacks AP2 ignores cover

Callidas can now only infiltrate or come on form opponents edge, but when infiltrating can do so to within 1" phase sword got weirdly complex

Eversor, gauntlet got nerfed but on the large part a great choice for attacking hoards

Cullexus, WOW the boss he/she should always have been.....the only time you'll take psykers is to put bullets in his gun....12" blank bubble just nerfed invisibility to hell and once he can see you, you're going to have a psychic nightmare.....Psychic Death Stars meet your nemesis
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

GREAT,

really glad to hear that they decided to put so much effort into a digital only dataslate as opposed to wasting time on actual printed material like the grey knight codex. Its even better that Assasins have been given the recognition they deserve with their own options, I mean its got to have heaps of options to justify its separate existence right?
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Lol...yeah there's lots of options you can take one, two, three of four really cool assassins or you can take all four in a c.600point formation.

What there is is lots of fluff and expanded background, anyone whose read Nemesis will recognise each Clade's style. The rules are really nice as they are, the options come down to how best to deploy and which weapon to use each Assassin has lots of flexibility more than ever before.

The only Question I have is about the Precision Shot rule, it seems to imply that the vindicare can pick who it hits, however RAW states only on a 6 to hit.....which raises the Q can I reroll in attempt to get a 6 using BS8?
    But still it's really good.
    Last edited by Blood Shadow; 08-22-2014 at 01:58 AM.

You can only reroll misses. A 2+ is no miss. You can only reroll a 1.

I think with one shot only per turn the the Vindicare is hoping to be almost exclusive used as a tank hunter, a 72" Str10 AP2 ignores cover (jink?) with a 2+ to hit with a 4+ reroll that can infiltrate to get side armour or even rear armour shots is awesome. The only issue is it is limited to stripping one hull point per turn if you roll poorly on the damage chart. I can see this guy getting used in multiples of two or three would really shut down Wave Serpents, Eldar are going to hate him......perhaps almost as much as the Cullexus ouch...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    GREAT,

really glad to hear that they decided to put so much effort into a digital only dataslate as opposed to wasting time on actual printed material like the grey knight codex. Its even better that Assasins have been given the recognition they deserve with their own options, I mean its got to have heaps of options to justify its separate existence right?
    You are a naysayer par excellence, dabby.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Shadow View Post
    Lol...yeah there's lots of options you can take one, two, three of four really cool assassins or you can take all four in a c.600point formation.

What there is is lots of fluff and expanded background, anyone whose read Nemesis will recognise each Clade's style. The rules are really nice as they are, the options come down to how best to deploy and which weapon to use each Assassin has lots of flexibility more than ever before.

The only Question I have is about the Precision Shot rule, it seems to imply that the vindicare can pick who it hits, however RAW states only on a 6 to hit.....which raises the Q can I reroll in attempt to get a 6 using BS8?
    But still it's really good.
    Does sound like he got a heck of a nerf to me; used to be no Look Out Sir (which made sense as you can't get in the way if you don't know it's coming) and he always had precision on his target which made him(or her come to that) a fantastic way to shut down an enemy warlord. As it sounds from what you've said he/she has lost a lot of options (the 4d6 turbo pen was a bugger vs tanks) and only gained ignores cover and some range.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    GREAT,

Once again, why do you partake in a hobby that obviously brings you nothing but pain?

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    Does sound like he got a heck of a nerf to me; used to be no Look Out Sir (which made sense as you can't get in the way if you don't know it's coming) and he always had precision on his target which made him(or her come to that) a fantastic way to shut down an enemy warlord. As it sounds from what you've said he/she has lost a lot of options (the 4d6 turbo pen was a bugger vs tanks) and only gained ignores cover and some range.
    Perhaps, the 72" range is quite a considerable increase to be fair (x2), all the Assassins now come with the no escape rule giving -2 on LOSir rolls not quite as good as ignoring it completely but it seems fairer.

I'm happy taking a guaranteed Str 10 weapon at 72" vs. a Str 4 to 24 at 36" the probabilities are similar but slightly in favour of the Str 10 in glancing AV12.

I still think he's a solid choice, that's why I think GW did a good job with him, yes he lost a 6+ f'n'p, I do think the dead shot rule is supposed to allow the Vindicare to call precision shots on all shots though, as otherwise its superfluous with the Sniper rule which gives precision shot anyway.

Culexus went beast mode however, this more than makes up for any nerf to the others....

Life Drain- CC attacks ignores armour, instant death on a 6, instant death on any wound caused to a psyker (sorry tyranids)
    Psychic abomination - Psykers at -3Ld with 12", no warp charges generated within 12", powers only cast on a 6 within 12", invalidates blessings and maledictions within 12"
    Etherium war gear - attacks vs. culexus made at BS and WS 1 (though he also causes fear?)
    Animas Spectrum - Similar to before one shot per mastery level within 12", but can now be boosted with up to 3 unspent warp charges. The mastery level thing does stop people from building brotherhood batteries though, as brotherhood of psykers count the unit as mastery level (x).

And he has preferred enemy (psykers) too.... this guy is going to shut down any deathstar that relies on psy-powers....

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    Once again, why do you partake in a hobby that obviously brings you nothing but pain?
    But...but....you and those like you are constantly screaming that GW is not "the hobby" is that wrong? Or just more hypocrisy?

On a serious note. I give GW credit when I feel its due. The tragedy is that those moments are getting fewer and farther between. I do look forward to these decisions by them if only to see what justification the apologists come up with next.

In other news I might just use the culexus rules for mg DoM model...because you know. Another GREAT decision by GW there

Edit: oh and I think it is probably fair to say I contribute more positive posts to this forum I a month or so than you do in a year...but who really cares about hobby/tactics and missions when theres justifying to be done!
    Last edited by daboarder; 08-22-2014 at 04:53 AM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast