BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

No armour bane just Str10

No assassins are not unique....provided you're allowed to take multiple detachments (i.e. Standard rules) you could take 3 vindicares and a couple of Culexus though be around 700 points for 5 models with 4+ saves

Been rereading the Callidas rules, basically she has precision strikes on a 6 to hit, 6's to wound are "phasing wounds" which ignore invulnerable saves.

The template pistol no longer tests vs. Ld just a straight up AP2 template that causes wounds on a 4+

Callidus also can choose to attack with poison blades instead of the phase sword, they're poisoned 3+ with rending
    Last edited by Blood Shadow; 08-22-2014 at 01:09 PM.
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

Librarian

eBook version can now be purchased (I just bought mine)!

BTW, Str 10 is better than 4d6 against everything BUT AV 14.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stats Analysis.png 
Views:	145 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	10804

Edit: 14 or higher I should say, with some of those buildings going to AV 15...
    Last edited by hyudun; 08-23-2014 at 02:25 AM.

I realize I'm not taking into account rending (too late for me to try and figure it out), but I think at most it may change my statement to Str 10 being better for AV 12- and 4d6 being better for AV 13+.

Edit: also realizing from other places that apparently some people were playing it as 4d6+4 instead... No point in arguing old rules, but I just found it an interesting question to try and answer.
    Last edited by hyudun; 08-23-2014 at 02:25 AM.

Brother-Captain

Does the anti-armor round also deal 2 wounds, and not merely one, against MCs like it use to or did they change that?
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    Does the anti-armor round also deal 2 wounds, and not merely one, against MCs like it use to or did they change that?
    "Against all other targets, shots from a turbo-penetrator round inflict D3 Wounds, rather than just 1."

The wording seems a little off with Deadshot but I assume it means all successful hits are considered Precision Shots ? :

"Deadshot: All successful To Hit rolls made by a Vindicare Assassin, excluding Snap Shots, have the Precision Shots special rule."

Veteran-Sergeant

I just got the dataslate and here are my first impressions of the assassins. I've played them since they came out and I'm REALLY happy with the way they are right now!

Vinicare
    He does what he has always done. The ignore cover, precision shots, and penalty to look out sir is glorious though. He's really good to take that last wound off the warlord to get that extra VP.

Callidus
    Always been my favorite and I'm going to play her lots. She has a lot of rules that just make me lol. 1" I filtration? Lol. Snap shot on the turn she arrives? Lol. -3 on first reserve roll? Lol. Very disruptive model. Love it!

Eversor
    This guy is interesting. Defiantly anti horde and I'm so happy he still explodes. However, he doesnt have a cc weapon with an ap value, the trade off is fleshbane which I find really interesting. He can take out a wraightknight just as easily as he can take out 5 space marines! Definatly a nasty piece of work.

Culexus
    Oh man... This guy is just so scary! Oh you got invisibility off? *shuffle shuffle* and now its gone. Lmao! This thing is one badass models that gw has come out with in a while. There are a lot of things you can pull of with this guy. And his cc attacks just straight up ignoring armour saves and causing instant death to psykers? Oh man! Love it!

I wish I got this excited about all gw releases. If I may make a suggestion, we should all speak with our wallets and buy the crap out of this to show gw that this is what we want; a fun game!

I'm really happy with this. I think I might take the culexus with my tau to help negate psykers and the like. Plus pinning!

I wish I got this excited about all gw releases. If I may make a suggestion, we should all speak with our wallets and buy the crap out of this to show gw that this is what we want; a fun game!
    Unless you are a non-imperial player. In this case you get kicks in the balls for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Halollet View Post
    Eversor
    However, he doesnt have a cc weapon with an ap value, the trade off is fleshbane which I find really interesting.
    He comes with an AP3 powersword, so it's choose between attacking with 2+ flesh bane AP- or wounding T4 on a 4+ AP3
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

Brother-Captain

Btw, am I the only one who wishes that they'd had some variation in the stat line for the Assassins? I kept expecting to see things like the Vindicare having the highest BS, the Eversor having the highest WS and most base Attacks, a Callidus & Culexus being in between the previous two in BS & WS. Eversor being T5. The Callidus having a higher Reflex Save due to being the most lithe and elusive. Things like that.

Instead we just got a single Stat Line without any variation or "character." It's hard to be disappointed with the kind of stat line that they gave us, but I'm still sad to see some of the story-esque characteristics fall to the wayside.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast