BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Both do rather try not to take part in any form of physical conflict. You mean the Venenum and Vanus Temples.
    They get honourable mentions in the fluff section, but no rules.

As for Wounds they're all 3W a piece now
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

Well I am obviously clueless with all the new digital crap! Do you have to have an iPad to use the new Assassin Dataslate? Do they evetually release basic pdfs for this stuff?

For the interactive edition you'll need access to ibooks so one type of Apple device or another (Mac,iPad,iPhone,iPod what's it)

BUT there is also a cheaper ebook version that can be viewed on any ebook reader on android phones and tablets etc, regular PC. Well worth doing...

.. I really don't mind paying the extra for the iBook though, the interactive features are so much better than scrolling back and forth between sections.
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhan Land View Post
    Yep those are the ones. I think though even on a battle field either of these guys would have some sort of worthwhile defense mechanisms or army boosts.

For example with Veneum could be able to somehow inflict a wound or two on an IC/Infantry unit on moderatley difficult dice roll before deployment in addition to some sort of poisoned attack and maybe a defense mechanism similar to that of Nids acid blood.

the Vanus could allow for some sort of deployment bonus/powers, like the ability to force rerolls on succesful reserve rolls or bonuses to seizing the initiative, I also assume that out of all of the assassins hes probably the psyker of the lot. Maybe hook him up with some sort of specialized concealment/reveal, or the ability to "blink" around the board.
    If they have to take part in any battle, they messed up.
    Yes they all are assassines but not all assassines are highly trained killer machines. The Vanus is basically a hacker. Nothing anywhere near the combat temples. He sits in his hideout and does his stuff "online". If he gets caught he is not entirely defenseless (about the same level as a IG vet) but nowhere near any battlefield threat. The Vanus would be best represented through strategy cards like in apoc. Not through a model actually on the field.
    Nearly the same is for Venenum Assassines.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Shadow View Post
    Turbo rounds become Str 10 vs vehicles
    S10 with armorbane right?
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Are assassins "unique" or can you take 2-3 Vindicares for example in one way or another?

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Shadow View Post
    For the interactive edition you'll need access to ibooks so one type of Apple device or another (Mac,iPad,iPhone,iPod what's it)

BUT there is also a cheaper ebook version that can be viewed on any ebook reader on android phones and tablets etc, regular PC. Well worth doing...

.. I really don't mind paying the extra for the iBook though, the interactive features are so much better than scrolling back and forth between sections.
    I don't own Apple products and thus use the ebook. I find the .mobi version better quality and formatting. I read it in my Kindle app on my phone, tablet, and computer.

- - - Updated - - -

How did you get the digital dataslates? They are only up for pre-order on the Black Library site with a listed release date of September (though I had seen other sources say 8/23).

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by JMichael View Post
    I don't own Apple products and thus use the ebook. I find the .mobi version better quality and formatting. I read it in my Kindle app on my phone, tablet, and computer.

- - - Updated - - -

How did you get the digital dataslates? They are only up for pre-order on the Black Library site with a listed release date of September (though I had seen other sources say 8/23).
    The GW site has an Apple version up today but it does look like the other ebooks version is still a few weeks out. Do you have to have something special loaded on your PC to read the Ebook version? I do not want a tablet and am still on a flip phone.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    The GW site has an Apple version up today but it does look like the other ebooks version is still a few weeks out. Do you have to have something special loaded on your PC to read the Ebook version? I do not want a tablet and am still on a flip phone.
    I use the free Amazon Kindle app to read all of my .mobi books. I'm sure there are other ebook (.pub and .mobi) readers available too.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    Well poop! I may just have to buy it on my girl's iPad! I'm playing in a GW league and we can add unit(s) next week and I really want to add an assassin to my Sisters!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast