BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon
    No comments?
    Yes, yes... but you've got to give us some time, BoLS is not my full-time occupation you know

I don't know about it being overpriced, seems a fair price to me. (but I haven't compared it to thunderhawks and other flyers yet)

What I still think is that 6 Rhinos, 4 Land Raiders or 2 Baneblades is to much cargo for a single flyer. 4 Rhinos, 2 Land Raiders or a single Baneblade would be more appropriate I think.
    Image a model that can house 2 Baneblades. It would need a lot more Hull points and a larger single model capacity.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    It's a bit expensive, as at that price I would rather take 2 Thunderhawks with change.

Also the ruling for Assault marine and terminator transport capacities are pointless as the bulky rules cover these.
    It's capable of carrying up to ten different assault or tactical Marine units and deploying them all at once -- and assault from it on the same turn that they got out. I'd say it's priced exactly where it needs to be. The number of combinations of the different units that you can pop into this thing is ridiculously hilarious and borders on the insane. Also, the sheer amount of firepower it can pump out, all at different targets because it's a super-heavy, make it righteously awesome at being either anti-vehicle, anti-horde, or anti-everything-in-general.

I added the references for the Assault Marines and Terminator Transport capacities so that it would fit with the theme of the datasheet itself (ie, the transports, tanks, Baneblades, etc). So yeah, you can make a reference to it being superfluous or you can sit back and just ignore what really doesn't hurt anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Eberk View Post
    Yes, yes... but you've got to give us some time, BoLS is not my full-time occupation you know
    LIES! HERESY! *BLAM*

I don't know about it being overpriced, seems a fair price to me. (but I haven't compared it to thunderhawks and other flyers yet)
    Thunderhawk is somewhere around 680 points base.

What I still think is that 6 Rhinos, 4 Land Raiders or 2 Baneblades is too much cargo for a single flyer. 4 Rhinos, 2 Land Raiders or a single Baneblade would be more appropriate I think.
    Image a model that can house 2 Baneblades. It would need a lot more Hull points and a larger single model capacity.
    It's larger than a Thunderhawk. A Thunderhawk can carry 2 Land Raiders. So...yeah....

It has the appropriate number of Hull Points to coincide with the old structure point model: 3 Hull Points for each Structure Point it use to have. It's a super-heavy flyer with a 4+ invulnerable save for crying out loud!
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon
    It's larger than a Thunderhawk. A Thunderhawk can carry 2 Land Raiders. So...yeah....
    You sure about that ?

In which publication can I find that ? (I only find a Thunderhawk Transporter that can carry 2 Rhinos or a single Land Raider)

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Eberk View Post
    You sure about that ?

In which publication can I find that ? (I only find a Thunderhawk Transporter that can carry 2 Rhinos or a single Land Raider)
    Nevermind, I was remembering the image of the two Rhinos being carried and vague memory made them out to be Land Raiders. Either way, the Stormbird is just that much of a better and more powerful super-heavy flyer in various respects.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Fly Lord

I'm pretty sure that is a fan-made apoc datafax.

If you remember back in the day GW put out a generic blank Apoc datafax shoot and encouraged folks to make stuff up.

The Stormbird sheet has atrocious descriptive text, and mismatched fonts all over the place that GW never used. Nice model though.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chaplain

You also have to think of weight..no just size of the things being carried. A super heavy carrying two super heavy tanks? I would have some sort of down side if two Baneblade sized tanks are carried.
    When you hear hoof-beats, it's best to think horses not zebras.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12