BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: How many games do you play in a week?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 - 2

21 91.30%
  • 3 - 5

2 8.70%
  • 6 - 7

0 0%
  • 8 - 10

0 0%
  • 10+

0 0%
    Brother-Sergeant

Default It's Game Time Baby!

Alrighty no doubt this is a topic we've come across many a time, but I'm fairly new/returning to the hobby and well I'm now a full grown man-child with more commitments now than when I initially took up the hobby.

So I just wanted to gather some responses with regards to how much time people spend actually playing games when compared to the other aspects of the hobby? Also what is your opinion of the reward/time spent for a game of 40k? By which I mean does two hours spent playing a single 1500 feel just as rewarding as multiple games of a smaller skirmish based game?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rolling-dice-325x280.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	10807

I understand that there are some folk who don't even play games and are solely in this for the hobby? So if you play games how many games do you get in on say a weekly basis?

Cheers guys!

I try getting about three games a week when I can or more. Usually they are around 2k points. Two in a row at times, or more when there's a local tournament. Other than that I do enjoy the hobby part a lot, painting, converting, making terrain etc...
    http://www.facebook.com/fukushimpaints

As a fully grown man child myself, with many, many commitments on my time, i find that i get to play about once a month. it doesn't matter to me if its a full blown battle or a skirmish game, in fact we enjoy mixing it up, different game types, different systems ect. but for me the hobby has always been more about the modelling/painting so it suits me fine. If i didn't play i would still paint the minis, but i get more satisfaction if i can field them too.