BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Battle-Brother

Default Operation Assassinate Command Benefit

Officio Assassinorum:
    Operation Assassinate: If the mission you are playing uses Victory Points, you receive
    one bonus Victory Point at the end of the game if the enemy’s Warlord was removed as a
    casualty as a result of a Wound inflicted by a model with this special rule.

Unfortunetly, it doesn't say "wound inflicted by a model with this special rule in this formation". What's stopping you from taking several assassin detachments (say, 10 Vindicaires) and immediately scoring 10 VP for popping the enemy warlord?
    -Pete B. Owner, Silver Compass Designs
    www.SilverCompassDesigns.com - your source for precision lasered gaming gear.

No, but if you re-read the rule you posted, it says:

Operation Assassinate: If the mission you are playing uses Victory Points, you receive
    one bonus Victory Point at the end of the game if the enemy’s Warlord was removed as a
    casualty as a result of a Wound inflicted by a model with this special rule.

So only a model with the "Operation Assassinate" rule will generate the VP. I don't have the dataslate yet, but presumably that rule is limited to the Assassins themselves.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Battle-Brother

Each assassin detachment has only 1 assassin (or 4 if you take the execution force).

Each detachment has the special rule. It's not a special rule of the assassins, but the detachment.

The rule doesn't specifify that an assassin from that specific detachment doesn't generate the VP - just if you killed a warlord with someone with that rule. Does the Victory trigger even on detachments that have the rule but didn't place the kill themselves? RAW, not RAI.
    -Pete B. Owner, Silver Compass Designs
    www.SilverCompassDesigns.com - your source for precision lasered gaming gear.

What makes you think you get more than 1 VP?

Only one Victory point you get brah, as only one of the assassins can cause the final wound that kills the warlord

Chapter-Master

Did an assassin inflict the final wound? If so, 1vp. If not, 0vp. Simple as that.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Did an assassin inflict the final wound? If so, 1vp. If not, 0vp. Simple as that.
    which is exactly what the rule on the detachment says - but that rule happens to exist several times in your army on separate entities... still wouldn't play it that way, but I do see the OPs point
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

It's does NOT say "for each model"; it's for each Wound (caused by a model with the rule). One wound = one VP - doesn't matter how many models you have because only one wound can cause a casualty and only the model that inflicted the wound AND has the special rule will trigger the ONE VP. It's also impossible to have more than one wound cause the same casualty at the same time since they're resolved one-at-a-time so if one wound killed the Warlord, the other wounds are forcibly allocated to other models in the unit or fizzle if the unit is gone. Wound-that-caused-death to dead-Warlord ratio is forcibly 1:1, so you can only ever get 1 VP from any single dead Warlord from the rule.
    Last edited by hyudun; 08-23-2014 at 03:10 PM.

Chapter-Master

Right. Reading comprehension:

"Operation Assassinate: If the mission you are playing uses Victory Points, you receive one bonus Victory Point at the end of the game if the enemy’s Warlord was removed as a casualty as a result of a Wound inflicted by a model with this special rule."
    Is not the same thing as:

one bonus Victory Point for each model with Operation Assassinate at the end of the game if the enemy’s Warlord was removed as a casualty as a result of a Wound inflicted by a model with this special rule.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.