BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Relics and terminator armour

I asume a character in terminator armour can take relics, but are they the same cost or also get reduced points? For example a frost blade is 20 points, in terminator armour it upgrade is 5 points. It doesnt make sense! Is it that they dont want you to take terminator armour? A wolf lord with runic armour and frost blade is the same points as a lord in termie armour with frost blade...if the relic would be a heavy or salvo weapon ok, but a melee weapon? What are your toughts on this?

What weapon is the character in terminator armor giving up to take the frost blade? The cost is probably based on the difference between the frost blade and what they were already equipped with.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

no there is no discount, consider yourself lucky you even get one for basic items, some armies dont (heres looking at you sigil)
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

Unfortunately, you're stuck with the points they cost, terminator armor or no.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Terminator armour gives a discount on certain weapons because they replace the included power weapon, which would have cost 15 points already if it was not included in the armour cost. Therefore, the replacement weapon is discounted to take into account that you have already paid for the power weapon when buying the armour. However, these discounts are only for the weapons bought from the army list entry of the character in question or via the Terminator weapons option (depending on what book you use).

Relics come from a different part of the army list and are therefore not affected by the discount.

Am I reading the wrong page here? If you're looking at space wolf terminators then The frost blade is a discounted option for terminators who replace their power weapon:

“A model wearing Terminator armour may replace his power weapon with one of the following:
    Storm shield…free
    Frost axe…5 pts
    Frost sword…5 pts
    Wolf claw…10 pts
    Power fist…10 pts
    Chainfist…15 pts
    Thunder hammer…15 pts”

If you're looking at a specific relic then do you mean fangsword of the ice wolf? If so then no there is no discount, but if you replace the storm bolter you would combo 2 x melee weapons for +1 attack

He is talking about characters who chose from the wargear section.

Ah I had been looking at wolf lord only, who does get the discount

“Wolf Lord in Terminator armour may only take items from the Terminator Weapons, Special Issue Wargear and/or Relics of the Fang lists.”

---
    Seems strange that they would not allow the same for wolf and rune priest to me?! Or do they really just not want you to have a chainfist rune priest?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jenkatron View Post
    Ah I had been looking at wolf lord only, who does get the discount

“Wolf Lord in Terminator armour may only take items from the Terminator Weapons, Special Issue Wargear and/or Relics of the Fang lists.”

---
    Seems strange that they would not allow the same for wolf and rune priest to me?! Or do they really just not want you to have a chainfist rune priest?
    Psykers would lose their Force Weapon for it and Wolf Priests/Chaplains would lose their Crozius' for it. While some wouldn't mind the latter it IS their badge of office, and the Force Weapon is rather iconic for the Psyker Witch Astartes.