BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Fly Lord

Default Raven Guard Contemptor Dread

Look what [URL="http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/News/FORGE_WORLD_BULLETIN_30.html"]Forgeworld[/URL] rolled out:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PLE40ASJ2_090TRWT30Asm.jpg 
Views:	2598 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	10842
    Now that is some interesting "tribal patterns" on that thing.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

*cough* salamanders *cough* *cough* talarn desert raiders *cough* ahem, i think i need to get a drink or something.

i don't like the look of the contemptor to be honest, the markings don't look very nice to me, though i might need to see it at other angles.

Librarian

I'd figure that it would have some sort of Jump Pack type of addition to it. Raven Guard and Blood Angels would say or think something like, "It looks nice... But can it fly?"

Brother-Captain

Ohh Contemptor's with Jump Packs, that's just a nasty idea. Would love to add one to my Imperial Fists though!

I like this model, but what really interests me about it was who sculpted it. Trish Carden, the Mistress of Monsters is the sculptor responsible for this model, which so far as I know is the first time she's done anything that wasn't some 'orrible great monster of some sort.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Chaplain

Raven Guard goodness!

Quite like this dread too, although I quite like all of the contemptors :P

Brother-Captain

That looks nothing like what a Raven Guard contemptor dreadnought should look like in my opinion. It looks far more as if it'd be suited to Salamanders.

With as hot and awesome a roll as FW has been on lately, it was bound to happen that they'd produce one failure...
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

First-Captain

Those tribal markings are gonna be across the whole Raven Guard range apparently so RG players better get used to em.

I agree that this is not how I saw the stealthy, strike and fade Raven Guard.