BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Question Any idea when Forgeworld plans to do the Prospero chapter for the Horus Heresy?

I've always loved the Thousand Sons from the Horus Heresy artbooks and just after I had finished reading the novel the Grey Knight codex came out which seemed ideal to use for a Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons army. Now with a new codex out and the need to build several units of Thousand Sons themed Grey Knight infantry I have to ask...

Is there any news as to when Forgeworld plans to release the Thousand Sons for the Horus Heresy?

I suspected the "Scourging Of Prospero" to be the next book after all the Istvaan books were done, but then I heard rumors that due to them being the most complex legion ruleswise due to nearly everyone having psychic powers that Forgeworld won't be releasing them till later on in the series. Or Alternatively they we're doing it in order of the Black Library Novels instead of following a timeline. So I thought I'd ask on the forums and see if I could gain some understanding on what Forgeworld has planned for the Horus Heresy Series.

Is there any rumors or news from events about what the next book will be?

I ask because rebuilding the army with the accessories that will surely come with their forgeworld release would be fantastic so I don't wanna start work on them beforehand just in case they do get a release.
    A LOG OF LOYAL SORCERERS & REBEL GRETCHIN!

Librarian

Prospero is getting delayed till around 2016. Back in April or May, the design team said they needed more time to work on Space Wolves, Sisters of Silence, and Thousand Sons as all three of those are very unique armies within the Imperium. Thousand Sons has a ton of psykers, and interactions with the warp, Space Wolves have unique structure and it is unknown how those two will be expanded. Sisters of Silence is another unique entity within the Warhammer(not fantasy) universe, and it all happens to come together in one book. I would not be surprised to see Prospero split into a two part series, similar to the Badab War. With the cresendo being the final fight between Leman Russ and Magnus the Red.

Banned

Which leaves which Legions left?

Dark Angels, White Scars, Blood Angels, and post-Chaosified Legions, right?

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    Which leaves which Legions left?

Dark Angels, White Scars, Blood Angels, and post-Chaosified Legions, right?
    And the Ultramarines. Plus the Custodes and the Dark Mechanicum.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

First-Captain

and the Shattered Legions, who will be given a list in the next book.