BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Battle-Brother

Default Buildings, Techpriests and chapter rules

Hi!
    I'm still having problems wrapping my head around the new building rules. We treat them like immobile vehicles now?!?

A couple of questions I can't see a clear answer to -

1 - Can techpriests restore the hull points of buildings?
    2 - Would buildings purchased as part of an Iron Hands detachment receive "It Will Not Die"?

I'm sure I am just being thick, but please humour me!

It is still type "building" and not type "vehicle"
    It does not change its type just because you treat it like something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    It is still type "building" and not type "vehicle"
    It does not change its type just because you treat it like something different.
    Note that Armourbane specifies that it does NOT work on non-vehicle models and Melta specifically only works on vehicles, so neither give that extra d6 to penetration against buildings.

Basicly it follows the rules as a immobile vehicles for the reasoning of not moving they should just rename the rule to immobile i guess lol
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

Quote Originally Posted by hyudun View Post
    Note that Armourbane specifies that it does NOT work on non-vehicle models and Melta specifically only works on vehicles, so neither give that extra d6 to penetration against buildings.
    No, thats different as the BRB states:
    When determining if a building can be targeted by a shooting attack or psychic power, charged and fought in close combat, or affected by a special rule, treat the building as a vehicle unless specifically stated otherwise. When attacking a building, roll To Hit and for armour penetration as if it were a vehicle. In close combat, buildings are hit automatically. For example, melta bombs can only be used to attack vehicles in close combat – they can therefore also be used to attack buildings in close combat. Similarly, a weapon with the Haywire special rule, which specifically affects vehicles, can also be used to attack buildings. Note that this does not mean that a weapon or special rule which specifies that it can only be used against buildings can also be used against vehicles.

No, thats different as the BRB states:
    Wow, what a mess of rules. Thanks for the correction.

So looks like Tech priests CAN restore hullpoints to buildings? Don't have access to my digital version right now and won't for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by hyudun View Post
    Wow, what a mess of rules. Thanks for the correction.

So looks like Tech priests CAN restore hullpoints to buildings? Don't have access to my digital version right now and won't for a few days.
    It may appear a mess but at least it's pretty clear with the intent and in this case perfectly matches RAW. For pretty much all purposes it's a vehicle; albeit a stationary one.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    It may appear a mess but at least it's pretty clear with the intent and in this case perfectly matches RAW. For pretty much all purposes it's a vehicle; albeit a stationary one.
    No, not for all.
    It is quite clear WHEN a building is considered a "vehicle". Stomp attacks for example do not work against buildings (unlike vehicles). The quote came from Attacking Buildings. However there is nothing indicating that a techmarine can repair or confer it will not die to a building.

No, not for all.
    It is quite clear WHEN a building is considered a "vehicle". Stomp attacks for example do not work against buildings (unlike vehicles). The quote came from Attacking Buildings. However there is nothing indicating that a techmarine can repair or confer it will not die to a building.
    Read it again; it does say when determining if a building can be affected by a special rule, which that is. So I can't see how it's not clear.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....