BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default How to Use Super Clean to Strip Paint Off of Models

In this tutorial we use Super Clean and other techniques to remove paint off of models. Thanks for watching!

We make tutorials about wargaming: http://www.youtube.com/eonsofbattle

Quote Originally Posted by EonsOfBattle View Post
    In this tutorial we use Super Clean and other techniques to remove paint off of models. Thanks for watching!

This is phucking incredible. Seriously, I have never seen a product work (I mean really, truly work) when stripping paint off of plastic. Metal is easy, resin stripping is potentially dangerous to not only yourself but possibly the model too....Plastic? Plastic is just a pain in the a$$ to strip. I havent gone out and tried Super Clean for myself yet, but the next time I need to strip some old plastic, you'll be hearing my testimonial here. Im going to hold you to this alluring promise of easiness that you've presented in this video! ;-)

First-Captain

problem is, Super Clean is an american product, so this will only work for people in the USA....

here in the UK and Europe we have different products.
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

I live in the U.K.. I use Dettol to strip paint from my models.
    Leave them soaking in the suff for about 12-24 hours and the paint just comes off with a gentle rub from a toothbrush.
    I've tried other store brand antiseptics and none have worked.

Brother-Sergeant

In the UK....

"Simple Green" works (up to a point - it won't get rid of spray undercoat, but it will shift regular paint) trouble is it is pricy and only available via the internet. I have heard "Dettol" & "Fairy Power Spray" works just as well - in fact I have some figures in some Fairy right now, so I guess I will find out for myself on Sunday! All of these products though you need to soak the figures for 24 - 48 hours first.

There was a product aimed specifically at Wargamers which I saw at Salute this year. I forget the name, but apparently it works immediately - you don't need to leave it to soak. Bio something or another. Really wish I had made a note of the name. I remember it was expensive though.

First-Captain

thnks guys, I already use dettol to strip my figures, metal comes out a treat, but plastic always stains it seems, I was just pointing out how "one sided" this video was, the creator of it should have done some research and mentioned alternitives for other countries....

In fact this thread here covers the subject nicely [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?39350-Re-priming-over-painted-miniatures-possible"]Re-priming-over-painted-miniatures-possible[/URL]

Dot 4 brake fluid works a charm on plastic and metal. I have neve tried it on resin. Just remember to wear gloves because it can make your skin sore... not great in your eyes either.

Chapter-Master

the creator of it should have done some research and mentioned alternitives for other countries....
    Seriously, dude? He found a product that works, and he was kind enough to share it with people. If you don't have access to it, sucks to be you, but he's under absolutely no obligation to fly out to the UK and start browsing hardware stores for local alternatives or something. Get over yourself.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Seriously, dude? He found a product that works, and he was kind enough to share it with people. If you don't have access to it, sucks to be you, but he's under absolutely no obligation to fly out to the UK and start browsing hardware stores for local alternatives or something. Get over yourself.
    Darklink, he doesn't need to fly out to the UK, he could have just searched these boards for comments on other products people have used, that's all, after all this IS a multi-national site and hobby