BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default The Bretonnians liiiive!

Well, we've just gotten as close as you're going to get Games Workshop admitting they haven't forgotten they have an army based on peasants and stuck-up knights. From today's White Dwarf Daily, I present you the following quote!

Each of the 19 scenarios have unique rules and missions. You don’t have to be Undead to enjoy them, either, with Skaven, Dwarfs, Bretonnians and many more making appearances.

They mentioned Squats in 6th edition 40k, but it doesn't mean that they got a new Codex...

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_S View Post
    They mentioned Squats in 6th edition 40k, but it doesn't mean that they got a new Codex...
    Except it mentions that they are getting a mission. You don't exactly give a race you're going to discontinue a mission in a new book.

Brother-Captain

I really want the Bretonnians to have absolutely no mention throughout all of the Nagash campaign... then charge in at the end, lance through his undead hordes and pit him upon the lance of a knight blessed by the lady, and that be the introduction of their new army book.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

it is more than sisters normally get, or dark eldar used too
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

I don't think there has ever been any suggestion that they are getting squatted or even downsized. They have been left to languish for quite some time, but so were wood elves and they are great now (apart from all the metal models )
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

From what I've surmised, Bretonnia is playing a sizeable role in the End Times. Arkhan the Black raids La Maisontaal Abbey to reclaim Nagash's Staff, that's one thing. There's also persistent rumours that Louen Leoncouer might not be long for the world. I saw somewhere, maybe White Dwarf, that Bretonnia is in rebellion...

They're staying in the game, but they're getting a reboot, is my read. Not in the "they're not knights anymore" sense, but I think definitely some new characters.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan