BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 2k Eldar - Vehicle Spam

Hey all,

Been messing around with a few lists and trying to squeeze in as many vehicles as a I can, while maintaining a strong psychic presence and lots of shooting.

Iyanden Detachment 1:

Spiritseer
    Spiritseer
    Spiritseer

Wraithseer

(10) Dire Avengers

Wave Serpent
    Scatter Laser

Wraithblades
    Axe and Force Shield

Wave Serpent
    Scatter Laser

Fire Prism

Eldar Detachment 2:

Autarch
    Banshee Mask
    Power Sword

Spiritseer

(5) Dire Avengers

Wave Serpent
    Scatter Laser

(5) Dire Avengers

Vyper

Vyper

Vyper

Fire Prism

Fire Prism

Falcon
    Bright Lance

Total: 1995

This gives me (7) tanks, (3) skimmers and (1) monstrous creature on the table turn 1. The plan is to attach the Autarch and Spiritseer to the wraithblade unit, and the remaining Spiritseers to the Dire Avenger units. Two of the Dire Avenger units will be loaded in wave serpents and the third will ride in the Falcon.

Let me know your thoughts!

whats the point with vypers - they are still pretty poor! if you want to stay on theme then you can have a reasonable squad of spiders / hawks / shiners for about the same points ?

i ran three falcons the other day and i have to say with fields and ghostwalk they actually out-performed the one shot prisms. - and your boys could get in and out to their hearts content

Librarian

the vypers like all skimmers could be better applied kitted with some higher Strength weapons Scatter/BL, A single skimmer or even sqaud can take out its points worth in a turn or two, but a high Strength weapon on a skimmer can produce a real upset. or just fly over your opponents airspace threatening but not causing that much mayhem

use DE ones ? they are pretty much identical but can get nightfields/flickerfields and up to 24 36" range poison shots or you can use blasterborn ? - at 2k points its a small tax to pay? forgeworld hornets are prettier and more useful