BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Battle-Brother

Question Using Sanctuary on Vehicles

Forgive me if this is a naive question, but the Psyker power Sanctuary is available to Grey Knight units like Dreadnoughts and was wondering if the +1 to Invul. does anything for them.

Tankz!

Sanctuary is a blessing that targets the Psyker. Whilst the power is in effect the Psyker and all models in his unit receive a +1 bonus to their invulnerable save (models that do not have an invulnerable save gain a 6+ invulnerable save whilst this power is in effect instead). In addition, all units with the Daemon special rule (friend or foe) treat all terrain, including open ground, within 12" of the Psyker as dangerous terrain.
    It confers a 6+ invul safe to the Dread... like... it is written in the power description.

Battle-Brother

But Vehicles, and anything that has differing armour points for each side, do not have Invul. saves hence my question.

Quote Originally Posted by Jgolden View Post
    But Vehicles, and anything that has differing armour points for each side, do not have Invul. saves hence my question.
    In Charon's excerpt it says "models that do not have an invulnerable save gain a 6+ invulnerable save whilst this power is in effect instead".
    A vehicle is a model. There is nothing that says vehicles can't have an invulnerable save and in fact there are a few that do come with them (Heldrakes, Sammel's Landspeeder, etc.)

There are many vehicles that have invulnerable saves.

Daemon Engines from Chaos all have 5++.

Space Wolf dreadnoughts with storm shields have 5++.

Tau vehicles can get invulnerable saves vs missiles, etc.
    Last edited by Wolfshade; 08-29-2014 at 02:06 AM.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

flickerfields
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Banned

The Invul Save rule in 7th has changed to include Penetrating and Glancing Hits now.

Brother-Captain

I weep for the future of my hobby.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Battle-Brother

Oh, okay, I guess I thought the two were mutually exclusive. Thanks for the help guys.