BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Space wolves ?????

So they have acute senses and that works with outflank. But only one unit has outflank. I know you can use saga if the hunter. Can someone tell me if I am wrong and what is the point of a special rule 99.9% of the army can't use?!?

Thank you in advance
    SATAN in our lives is noted, all his vices often quoted and though he serves a spendid feast, at the table's head still sits the BEAST!!!!!!!!

Banned

I agree that Acute senses seems pretty useless but when you use the "Great Company" formation or "The Wolves Unleashed" detachment, you roll for each unit and on 6+ that unit will get outflank, subject to some other rules that I'm not going to go into because you should get the book.
    So if you get outflank on a few of your units, the army-wide acute senses makes sense because you can then re-roll the table edge when they do finally come in from reserves.
    Last edited by Wolfshade; 08-29-2014 at 02:04 AM.

Veteran-Sergeant

Thank you for the answer.
    Last edited by Wolfshade; 08-29-2014 at 02:04 AM.
    SATAN in our lives is noted, all his vices often quoted and though he serves a spendid feast, at the table's head still sits the BEAST!!!!!!!!

Banned

I can understand the new format of the books makes it pretty hard, what with the rules being all over the place and if you don't read the whole thing in one go, constantly flicking back and forth referencing stuff it gets confusing.

Are you new to Space Wolves?
    Last edited by Wolfshade; 08-29-2014 at 02:09 AM.

Occuli Imperator

Keep it civil
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni