BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Librarian

Default Objective Secured in UnBound army list

Man, I seem to have a lot of rules questions coming up this month!
    So reading the Command Benefits p120 (Ideal Mission Commander & Objective Secured) I noticed that you get them for using the Combined Arms Detachment and/or Allied Detachment p122.
    No mention, that I saw, in regards to Battle-Forged or Unbound p117.

So the following Unbound army:
    Sisters Primary CAD
    Space Marines CAD
    Inquisition Detachment
    StormLord (Astra Millitarium Lord of War-makes the army unbound)

The Troops in my Sisters and Space Marines should still have Objective Secured, correct?

If I'm missing something, please let me know!

- - - Updated - - -

One sentence...p117 under 'The Primary Detachment' last sentence. "...in an unbound army, these models are not bound by any Detachment restrictions and do not receive Command Benefits."
    But I think that is assuming you are not using any Combined Arms Detachments.
    I didn't see anything in Unboud that doesn't allow CADs or that only Battle-Forged can use CADs.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

no,

when you go unbound the only command benefits your receive are from formations.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    no,

when you go unbound the only command benefits your receive are from formations.
    Where does it say that?
    Command Benefits seem to apply to a CAD regardless of Battle-Forged or Unbound.

Chapter-Master

Don’t forget that Detachments are entirely optional and you can still select an army by taking any models from your collection, as discussed in the Unbound method – it just means that none of the models in your army receive Command Benefits.
    Unlike other Detachments, Formations can also be taken as part of Unbound armies. If they are, their units maintain the special rules gained for being part of the Formation.
    Normally I'd probably tell you to find these yourself, but the army selection rules are a frakking mess, so here you go
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Librarian

I figured there was a good reason I assumed that Command Benefits didn't apply to Unbound but I wanted to make sure this just wasn't something we all assumed.
    I didn't find your reference (page?), but regardless I did notice that on p122 right under the 'Core Detachments' headline is says, "The following detachments can be included in any Battle-Forged Army."

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and thank you!

Chapter-Master

the first quotes from detachments and the second quotes from the formation section

Brother-Captain

Basic rule of thumb is to just go with a blanket "Unbound = no objective secured" in my opinion.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    Basic rule of thumb is to just go with a blanket "Unbound = no objective secured" in my opinion.
    Yup, with the exception of skyblight

Edit: Whoops, skimmed at first and didn't see that daboarder beat me to it.

True, it's never explicitly stated that Unbound Armies can't take detachments, but there's a strong case against it in several related rules:

"Don’t forget that Detachments are entirely optional and you can still select an army by taking any models from your collection, as discussed in the Unbound method – it just means that none of the models in your army receive Command Benefits." Choosing Your Army - Detachments. Unbound armies don't receive Command Benefits.

"'You can include any number and type of Detachments in a Battle-forged army provided you have sufficient units." Choosing Your Army - Selecting Detachments. Implication that you can't choose Detachments in an Unbound army by omission.

"Unlike other Detachments, Formations can also be taken as part of Unbound armies. If they are, their units maintain the special rules gained for being part of the Formation." Choosing Your Army - Formations. Implies that non-Formation Detachments cannot be taken as part of Unbound armies.
    Last edited by hyudun; 08-28-2014 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Yup, with the exception of skyblight
    Or Pedro Kantor, with Sternguard.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast