BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Milituram Tempestus w/ Imperial Knights

I'm looking to jump into 40K (for like the 4th time) and I think I found the army I'd like to do that isn't Marines or 3 Riptide Tau. I saw the Tempestus models and they caught my eye. I know they are formally Storm Troopers but the Taurox Prime just jumps out at me. I was thinking of pairing them with the Imperial Knights. Just wondering if that is just over bearing or too weak or just right. I'm not looking to be that guy who feels a need to lay models down and crush everyone and throw my viking helmet in celebration (though it might be funny). I just like to have fun and be competitive. But how does implementing IK into Tempestus (or any other army) work with only 3 models in the mini dex? What are some common traps too look out for in this kind of set up? Or am I just setting myself up for failure?

If I were you I wouldn't get more than one knight. Three knights is generally unfun for most people to play against. And they're overpowered now, relative to everything. Once GW has sold enough of them, they'll be nerfed in the form of an FAQ removing superheavy walker status (they lose stomp and loads of other benefits).

That's the pattern with GW releases. Don't jump on the latest bandwagon and regret it later. This is me speaking from experience as someone who bought half a Tzeentch flamer army in between the WD rules release. I've seen it time and again, from taudar to heldrakes.

Chapter-Master

Who cares if its too powerful or two weak? Just do what you love. You'll always find people willing to play against it.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire