BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Brakkart View Post
    It has 40k rules now, you can read them here:

[URL="http://www.forgeworld.co.uk//Downloads/Product/PDF/C/Castigator.pdf"]Cerastus Knight Castigator Rules[/URL]
    That's saucy! I think I might do an Knight army after all! At some point. When I have the money.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Now the question is, can it delflagarate after a tempest attack? Pretty sure it can't, but those two rules seem tailor made to work together in its role as a devastator of hordes.

Tempest Attack says "using the weapon's listed profile". Deflagrate is part of the melee weapon's profile, so yeah, slice and boom.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Quote Originally Posted by DWest View Post
    Tempest Attack says "using the weapon's listed profile". Deflagrate is part of the melee weapon's profile, so yeah, slice and boom.
    Sorry, but I disagree completely.

Just to take the first sentence from each rule it seems clear to me they don't stack.

"Tempest Attack: Rather than attacking normally..."

"Deflagrate: After normal attacks by this weapon have been resolved..."

Deflagrate works on Normal attacks, a Tempest attack is clearly an alternative to normal attacks.

Except, you're deliberately ignoring the part where it says "use the weapon's listed profile". Each model in base contact is assigned a hit from the Tempest Warblade. The Tempest Warblade causes Deflagrate. So the Tempest Attack causes Deflagrate. Roll to Wound, then roll Wounds from Deflagrate.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Gotta kind of go with DWest on that one.

I ordered one (prior to rules) to go against my father in law's lancer...now I need a new one as this one is for hordes

actually don't care that I need a new one :P

Except, you're deliberately ignoring the part where it says "use the weapon's listed profile". Each model in base contact is assigned a hit from the Tempest Warblade. The Tempest Warblade causes Deflagrate. So the Tempest Attack causes Deflagrate. Roll to Wound, then roll Wounds from Deflagrate.
    ...which brings us right back to what it says in the Deflagrate entry. "After normal attacks by this weapon have been resolved...". That ability only activates when you've made a normal attack. Tempest Attack, however, is specifically called out as not being a normal attack. So yeah, he's not deliberately ignoring the part where it says to use the weapon's listed profile. He's using it. And according to that, Deflagrate is an ability which wouldn't activate when making a Tempest Attack.

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    ...which brings us right back to what it says in the Deflagrate entry. "After normal attacks by this weapon have been resolved...". That ability only activates when you've made a normal attack. Tempest Attack, however, is specifically called out as not being a normal attack. So yeah, he's not deliberately ignoring the part where it says to use the weapon's listed profile. He's using it. And according to that, Deflagrate is an ability which wouldn't activate when making a Tempest Attack.
    Except, the "normal attacks" under Deflagrate are simply the original, triggering attacks. Deflagrate counts as a new attack, albeit one that automatically hits. The two instances of "normal" are not equivalent. Compare Hammer of Wrath, which specifically states the model makes "one additional Attack . . . resolved at the model's base Strength with AP-. This Attack does not benefit from any of the model's special rules". Tempest Attack says use the weapon's profile, so the weapon's profile is used, all of it, including Deflagrate.

Librarian

Except, the "normal attacks" under Deflagrate are simply the original, triggering attacks. Deflagrate counts as a new attack, albeit one that automatically hits. The two instances of "normal" are not equivalent. Compare Hammer of Wrath, which specifically states the model makes "one additional Attack . . . resolved at the model's base Strength with AP-. This Attack does not benefit from any of the model's special rules". Tempest Attack says use the weapon's profile, so the weapon's profile is used, all of it, including Deflagrate.
    What are you talking about? It clearly says that Tempest Attack is taken instead of normal attacks, and Deflagrate only works on unsaved wounds caused by normal attacks.

Or if you want a complicated word play version: Deflagrate happens after normal attacks are resolved (which is I4 step). At this point there would be no wounds inflicted for Deflagrate to work with, so nothing happens. You then do Tempest Attack at I2, but you don't do Deflagrate, as that happened with normal attacks (Deflagrate is called out as not a normal attack).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast