BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by DWest View Post
    No, you're still wrong. That is not how the wording of Deflagrate works, and repeating the wrong interpretation won't make it right no matter how many times you say it.
    This comment goes both ways.

Let's put it another way: If that's not how it works, then why specify "normal" attack under both Deflagrate and Tempest Attack? If your reading were correct, then there's no reason whatsoever to put "normal" in there, because there's no limit to when Deflagrate can be used. It's obviously there because it's telling you that there are attacks when it can't be used, specifically attacks which aren't considered "normal", and then Tempest Attack tells you that it's not a "normal" attack. There's no other logical reading of those two bits, and I'm frankly flabbergasted that anyone would argue otherwise.

Because Deflagrate was written first and copy-pasted from Betrayal, and Forge World don't have a great track record of considering how old and new interact.

When Deflagrate says "normal" it means "attacks that aren't the extra hits caused by Deflagrate."

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    Because Deflagrate was written first and copy-pasted from Betrayal, and Forge World don't have a great track record of considering how old and new interact.

When Deflagrate says "normal" it means "attacks that aren't the extra hits caused by Deflagrate."
    I would argue it doesn't, as it also specifically mentions the extra don't further generate more hits.

Well, don't take my word for it, here's Forgeworld's opinion:

Hi <redacted>,

That's absolutely correct. Hope that helps!

If there is anything further we can do to assist you, or if you have any queries about the information we have requested or provided, please telephone us.

Regards,
    Forge World

If you have a query about your order, please call
    0115 900 4995 within the UK
    011 44 115 900 4995 from the US and Canada
    00 44 115 900 4995 from much of Europe

Our office hours are:
    0930 – 1800 (GMT) Monday to Friday
    0930 – 1700 (GMT) Saturday

On 24 September 2014 06:01, <redacted> <[email protected]> wrote:

A question about the Castigator's Tempest Sword; when making a Tempest Attack, it says "use the weapon's profile", so would that include the Deflagrate and Sunder effects?
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Librarian

No one was saying you don't use the deflatrate rule, just that it doesn't trigger most of the text. Your question doesn't actually answer anything. It's a fundamentally different question to "do Tempest Attacks generate extra hits from Deflagrate?"

Last edited by The Girl; 09-26-2014 at 06:44 PM.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by DWest View Post
    It triggers the Deflagrate rule, the rule then fails the first condition "normal attacks" and skips the effect. I've never denied the rule triggers, just that the extra hit effect doesn't because of the first condition of the rule.
    Last edited by The Girl; 09-26-2014 at 06:45 PM.

That didn't answer my question. Go re-read the email from Forgeworld: It specifies that the Deflagrate effect triggers, i.e. the additional attacks. Your interpretation is not correct and will continue to be incorrect until or unless Forgeworld changes how Tempest Attack or Deflagrate works.

Librarian

Last edited by The Girl; 09-26-2014 at 06:52 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast