BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Warhammer Forge - End Times causing the delay?

Just a bit of idle speculation really, and certainly I have bugger all to back it up beyond that....

So Warhammer Forge is apparently on the back burner, and has been for a while.

Could End Times be the cause? I mean it's a pretty major shake up of the lore, so it does make sense to hold development on spangles until the Design Studio had finished their grand plan.

Just a bit speculation like I said. Thoughts?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

Didn't they announce that Warhammer Forge was going away in general due to lack of interest/sales compared to 40k ForgeWorld sales?

John M>

Quote Originally Posted by lobster-overlord View Post
    Didn't they announce that Warhammer Forge was going away in general due to lack of interest/sales compared to 40k ForgeWorld sales?

John M>
    I had not seen/heard that
    Wargaming Project Log: http://andygomez.wordpress.com/
    Check out my brother's novel on Amazon: Out From the Chasm by Keenan Cross

Quote Originally Posted by lobster-overlord View Post

John M>
    Well, they said it was going away because they were focusing more on HH.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

HH series is pretty much taking up all of Forgeworld's resources, between all the ideas and models they are making for that timeline, Forgeworld should be called H.H. World. 40k kits aren't exactly getting made either. Most of the Space Marine stuff is interchangable with 40k stuff, so I guess they kinda get away with it for that faction, but for Xenos... Nope.

Chapter-Master

People didn't buy much of the Warhammer stuff because it was either big monsters/war machines, so they only needed one of those, or command groups, which were way too expensive for most people to stomach (£30 for three models). Put simply, what they were making wasn't selling enough to make it worthwhile continuing, whereas people apparently couldn't get enough of the HH stuff. I think that decision was probably made before the End Times was started.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    People didn't buy much of the Warhammer stuff because it was either big monsters/war machines, so they only needed one of those, or command groups, which were way too expensive for most people to stomach (£30 for three models). Put simply, what they were making wasn't selling enough to make it worthwhile continuing, whereas people apparently couldn't get enough of the HH stuff. I think that decision was probably made before the End Times was started.
    yeah that may be the case, but they didn't have to discontuine the entire scenery range as well!

That IS something that is more likely to sell over a long term, as every Warhammer general needs terrain to fight over, I really wanted to get some of their village pieces.
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Chapter-Master

Yeah, it's a shame, but what can we do? At least Warhammer is getting some love in one form, I was seriously worried that they were scaling things back after the wood elves. It remains to be seen how much support armies get in terms of models, but at least people are buzzing about it again.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Chapter-Master

Just to add to the discussion, the Monstrous Arcanum book disappeared on or before Saturday - just on the day I went to order it too!
    My local Games Workshop manager e-mailed them about it and the reply was this:

Hi, Thank you for your email. The Monstrous Arcanum book is currently unavailable and we have no immediate plans to reprint the book, in time, we will put out some pdf's for the rules of the monsters we have released as models on to our website.
    So basically things like the Necrofex Colossus, Khemric Titan and so on are bung out of luck unless you already had the book. I'm really annoyed as I just spent $170 on different kits to convert a Nightmare Colossus (the bigger version of the Necrofex), hopefully I am able to work out a compromise as I am going to be royally pissed if I am not able to use the conversion as what it was intended to be.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

First-Captain

see, this is why Forgeworld are behind the times regarding their books, they should have digital copies available by now.
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast