BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Gotrek won't meet his doom in Kinslayer - there is a book coming out after it simply called 'Slayer' which has a cover showing Belakor in the background and Gotrek & Felix in the foreground with a daemon head in hands.

Seems to me like they will go North to fight Throgg and his army of trolls. Defeat Throgg, or survive him - although a few of the favoured party are meant to die in the battle - and then will head North to find Gotrek's true doom somewhere in the wastes against Belakor himself.

Considering heroes without models are being killed off I think we're going to see either Felix die and Gotrek wander off with no-one to record his doom, or Gotrek die followed shortly after by Felix.

Blimey....just starting Chapter Five of End Times.

So...much...happening!

Can't wait for the next volume now!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    It also seems to be attempting to reduce the amount of cost for armies, bumping up Lords to 50% means a lot less models you have to put on the table if you want. Probably an attempt at getting more people into WFB.

Oh, can anyone share a rough points cost for Neferata? I think exact costs are against the rules (unless published in WD?) so just a rough idea would be nice.
    Given that Nagash is a campaign book as much as an army book, the 50% lords/50% heroes could simply be for this book. The presence of the rule in a single army book is not indicative of it appearing in later publications or being the standard for 9th edition.

I see it as a quick and easy way to let people use Nagash in smaller point games without having to hit/break the 4000 point mark.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by BoW Ben View Post
    Considering heroes without models are being killed off I think we're going to see either Felix die and Gotrek wander off with no-one to record his doom, or Gotrek die followed shortly after by Felix.
    *COUGH*

They actually released two sets of models for Gotrek & Felix, the second had Ulrika and I forget the other. I think it might have been Max.
    Last edited by Katharon; 09-02-2014 at 01:26 AM.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

It's not as simple as 'characters without models are being killed off'. Kemmler has a model. Eltharion has a model. Volkmar has a recent model. It's more a case that they're taking the opportunity to unite old and new background, slotting characters into appropriate parts of the story, and following through with the promise of the End Times by having death a real possibility. And also that characters withiut rules or recent models are less likely to have a good, nice time. Zachariah gets a hilarious-in-its-brevity "he died" sentence.

Y'all should actually buy the book, if you can, you'll see what we mean. This is the sort of quality output that needs to be encouraged.

(While acknowledging that is it expensive, and you might not want to, and might want instead to wait for a later chapter of more direct relevance to your own armies, all of which is a-ok!)

The 50% army generation rules are presented as rules for fighting battles in the End Times, and there's a preamble describing the set as a toolbox for players to use as they wish. These will stay as the rules for selecting armies of the End Times, though, not just Nagash: they want you to be able to use ALL the big, nasty special characters, some of them together, as well as the more sickeningly expensive Lords builds out there. These are the End Times, not border skirmishes, and it's not just a Nagash book.
    Last edited by Cap'nSmurfs; 09-02-2014 at 05:01 AM.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Brother-Captain

Yeah, I already took the plunge and ordered my own copy. I've also decided to revive my old, ancient Empire army. Thank goodness that Warlord games makes 28mm medieval figures that I like.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Well Kemmler and Eltharions models are like 20 years old and Volkmar is an extra model in a big plastic kit but sure it isn't just about that.

I think the point is that with End Times you've got a potential easier gateway to WFB. 50% of your army can be taken up in one model, only need 25% in core which could be two boxes of troops then maybe a war machine or a monster or something. You're looking at 40k size 1000-1500pt armies and a bunch of huge, impressive plastic kits and epic stories coming out. It might not be for WFB in general but you get people thinking 'hey I can get an army to find End Times with a lot less models and expense now' and you hope they get hooked and expand their army more over time.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Yes, exactly so. And many of those big models are exciting, iconic, and they do interesting things on the battlefield. You're right into the "wow" factor, and you can concentrate on those 150 extra skeletons in your own time.

Brother-Captain

I'm building a force of Warlord Games' Macedonian Phalangites (whose sarissa I shall cut down to spear size) and basically creating a background story that the army is centered around a mercenary army from the Border Princes that has worked previously, almost exclusively, around Tilea and Araby, before marching northwards at the call of gold and glory. Practically everything except for a few war machines and some cool wizard models will be coming from the Perry Twins or Warlord Games.

That's a really cool idea; I was always a bit sad that we never saw much from that end of the world (Dogs of War aside). One of my first experiences with Warhammer was the Shadow of the Horned Rat game; the Border Princes as a region of mercenaries and squabbling minor lords has always stuck with me.

If you need another hook, Tilea and Estalia are now overrun with Skaven. There's not much left - but maybe your guys very smartly got out while the getting was good, and are now raising troops to retake (or just take) lost lands!

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast